Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pjimler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2006, 08:47 PM
    No water to shower
    Good evening. I had a constant trickle of water leaking from my shower spout. Turned off the water and took the spout and knobs apart to see if one of them was the culprit. Upon turning the water back on, I still had a steady trickle, then suddenly, no water to the shower at all. I still have no water. Would this be a venting problem, possibly a sudden clog? I could hear air whistling in the water line to the spout when I took it apart. Air leak? Help please.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2006, 09:18 PM
    First you have a bad seat or washer or kit in your faucet, not knowing what kind of faucet you have or how it is made, if it is a single handle faucet or if it has two handles it is very hard to give you any advice. I do think I know what the whistling was that you heard when you turned the water off. The drip where the water was dripping out of the faucet then became a place where air could go back into your faucet as water ran out of the pipes at another point, maybe you opened a fucet somewhere in another part pf the house.
    If you will describe your faucet maybe someone can help you out
    Pjimler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2006, 03:46 AM
    I have a two knob faucet but am not sure of the manufacturer. The faucet is quite old and is quite basic. Two silver turn knobs and a spout with the shower stop on it. There is water everywhere else in the house except this particular shower.
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 21, 2006, 08:39 PM
    It's possible that the faucet has become clogged with rust from galvanized pipes. It could be the line going up to the shower head too. Was your water ever orangey colored?
    One way to tell is to turn on the shower (without the head) and tap the shower pipe. If anything comes out, it's most likely the pipe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink! [ 14 Answers ]

undefinedundefined Two days ago, both of the showers in my home stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks in the bathrooms. The shower doesn't get but lukewarm. One showe in the spin dial to adjust the temp and turn on the shower. The other is a spin dial for temp and has a facet...

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Hot water in the shower until shower head installed [ 6 Answers ]

I have hot water in all my other faucets/showers. I also have hot water at the particular shower with the problem as long as a shower head is not installed. When I install the shower head, the water is lukewarm. Any ideas for the source of the problem, and how to fix?

View more questions Search