Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobbydahl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Inside controls off.outside fan runs even when inside Heat is on
    My outside unit's fan still runs even when inside controls are all set to off, or even when inside heat is being used.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 12:27 PM

If able and qualified, remove 1 control wire from Compressor contactor, if it continues to run, contactor is physically stuck/welded, if removing 1 wire and it goes off, then you may have 2 wires in your thermostat wiring touching, or at thermostat, last place would be in air handler.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 12:44 PM
    Also if you have a dog or other animals in the yard check the low volt cable that goes from the house to the unit. Sometimes they like to chew on them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AC Inside Blower Stops, Condenser runs continuously Until Entire Unit shut off & Reset [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Trane compressor outside. The unit comes on and the interior blower comes on for a few hours and then stops blowing. I tried to turn on the fan via the thrmostat and it does not work when it shuts down but otherwise works fine so its not a wiring problem. The outside unit continues to...

Trane 5000 fan on unit inside home runs even with switch in off position [ 1 Answers ]

I have a trane 5000 unit that operates well, however, on the walll switch, you cannot turn of the fan and it runs if the unit is on whether on off or auto position. I have to turn off fan at awitch inside home.

Inside fans runs but outside compresser doesn't turn on. [ 3 Answers ]

Our outside compresser doesn't turn on when we turn on AC, but the inside unit does work but warmer air blows out. The thermostat temp doesn't adjust either. It always says 80. Should the compresser need service or does the thermostat need replacing? Want should we do? Now we did have the outside...

Central AC not blowing inside, outside fan runs continuously. [ 2 Answers ]

My ac guy has added freon, cleaned the outside coil, replaced the inside fan motor, and replaced thermostat. The outside fan will kick on, but the inside fan doesn't kick on. If I shut the unit OFF, then back ON at the thermostat sometimes it will kick the inside air on and it will be fine. But,...

Inside fan runs, outside fan runs, but air is not cold [ 8 Answers ]

The inside fan runs and runs, the outside fan on the compressor runs and runs, but only hot air comes out. I sprayed the outside compressor coils with the garden hose to clean them and checked the inside filter. Is there something else I could check? Thanks

View more questions Search