Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skittlefrittle Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Jan 4, 2009, 11:56 AM
    18th birthday party ideas?
    My 18th birthday is coming up in June, but id like to have it in may (before high school is over) so that my friends can all come before they go to vacations/college.

Any cool ideas? The guest list is pretty long...
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Jan 4, 2009, 12:40 PM

Come as your favorite movie character... get your friends to dress up as their favorite actors in their favorite movies...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 02:58 AM

Hi, skittlefrittle!

If the guest list is pretty long, have you considered renting someplace out for the event?

Thanks!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 06:27 PM

What about renting a movie theater and watching a trilogy of something... or a genre - scary, chick flicks, action, etc - for the entire night? I'm not sure how expensive that would be, but it's a cool idea!

If you can't do that, what about seeing if one of your friends has a projector? Hang a white sheet from the outside of your house and have a backyard "drive in"??
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 08:08 PM

The only thing I'd suggest is to be careful of gate-crashers. Make sure people know it's by invitation only, not a free-for-all, especially if you plan on serving alcohol.

My son had his 18th birthday last year. We had a sausage sizzle and a few other things to eat, and apart from champagne to toast his birthday, his friends brought their own drinks. A few said it was the best 18th party they'd been to. I remember late in the evening a group standing around the computer playing songs they all sang to.
    NewLifeNewMe Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 10:59 AM

Watch mtv's "super sweet 16" you can get some ideas from there
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2009, 11:09 AM

Hopefully by May the snow will be gone:) so I would say some sort of picnic.Rent a space at a park and maybe rent some paddle boats and allow everyone a turn. It minimizes mess too.Its easy and nothing gets damaged.

My son is a deejay and that is a very busy season so if you are planning on using a deejay,you might have to book pretty far in advance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

50th Birthday Party Ideas. [ 12 Answers ]

Yes, I am planning a 50th Birthday bash for my mother. I just need some very neat and original ideas on how to go about doing it. Her birthday is on st.patty's day. Any ideas would be appreciated

Birthday party ideas [ 5 Answers ]

Kay so my birthday is coming up in a few months. And I will be turning 14. Any party ideas? I mean my grandma will pay for a ton of stuff. Sooooo... Please help Thanks. ♥Janelle:D

18th birthday [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know if this was the right place to ask this question but I will anyway. My 18th birthday is coming up and I am very excited to see all my friends as I am attending college right now and haven't seen my friends for awhile and I am stuck on what to do for my birthday I can't think of how...

Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas For My Dad [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I am looking for unique ideas for a 50th birthday party for my dad. I would like to do something different, special for him. Does anyone have a unique idea? Thank you!

Birthday Party Ideas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just joined the club and am in need of some help... I am a single mother of 2 and need some advice on what to do for my kids birthday parties. My son will be turning 3 years old in June and my daughter will be turning 2 in July. I am planning on inviting 15-20 kids in the same age group....

View more questions Search