Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flameruckus Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2009, 11:42 AM
    Does this sentence make sense?
    Is this sentence grammatically correct? (I need it for a personal essay.)

As I look back on my life, I realize I have completed many accomplishments, cultivated beautiful personal relationships, and created a strong legacy to be left behind.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 11:50 AM

It makes sense but is rather long it would look better if you broke it down into two or three sentences.

As I look back on my life, I realize I have completed many accomplishments. I feel I have cultivated beautiful personal relationships, and created a strong legacy to be left behind.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2009, 12:39 PM

I think it is redundant in two places. Completed accomplishments? Accomplish is defined as completing. How about "achieved many goals".
    A legacy can't be left anywhere except behind.
    I would suggest "and created a positive and inspiring legacy"
    I am just trying to get rid of the redundancy and this is just my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to Make Sense of It all [ 112 Answers ]

So here I sit at work - browsing the Internet for a definitive answer, but I have come to realize there is no definitive answer to my question. Here is the background: All is fine and well in my life - great boyfriend of 4 years, great family and a few great friends (which I have done on...

Does it make sense to ask what is outside the universe? [ 1 Answers ]

The universe is everything by definition. It is closed system -- as we understand it... That anything outside our universe is meaningless in ours. Still, does it make sense to ask what is outside the universe? Do we see say that because with our current level of technology, we cannot leave...

He wants to be friends now? How does this make sense? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for about 2 years right now were broken up... we did NC for a week then end up getting back together(this has happen befor), but this time he wants to take things slow, so basical he wants to be "friends" and see how things develop, but he still calls me as...

Does this make sense to anyone. [ 13 Answers ]

This confuses me, so maybe I should stop thinking about it... Maybe someone can understand it... How can someone tell you things such as "I still have very strong feelings for you", "I am miserable constantly becuase your gone now", "I know im making a mistake by leaving you" and "I still think...

It doesn't make sense [ 4 Answers ]

Our home was remodeled in 1968, at that tome there was a garage under the house, which we closed off and made into a basement. I have no idea how the drains were done. Now, after all these years our basements has water backing up from the drains ( Not the ones for sewage, thank God. What should be...

View more questions Search