Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryan_milligan Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2009, 08:55 PM
    Ternary form composition
    :confused: Hi, I need help I'm a rookie classical composer and need a little help writing a ternary piece. I know ternary is suppost to be one of the easier genres but I just can't come up with a thing would be of great help if someone could start me off or give me tips ?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 09:20 PM

Hi, ryan_milligan!

I can help you! I've been teaching music now for a very long time. Also, I compose and arrange music.

It's nice to have someone come along who asks this type of question! It's rare to have these kind of music questions here.

What were the specific instructions that you were given, please?

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2009, 09:24 PM
    Well no boundries really just has to be classical preferably with violin, viola and double bass. Has to be individual and sound good apart from that the sheet is open. That's the thing I have a problem with is how open it is
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 09:29 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "open".

Are you also confined to those instruments? Could if first be written on a piano score and then transposed to an open score?

If we put something on a piano score here, it would be much easier to evolve it.

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2009, 09:31 PM
    Didn't mean anything really by the "open" thing just that I don't no where to start and the choices are "open" and yes it can be on piano after all I'm the one needing help if you think that would help then yes be all means
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 09:41 PM

Do you play some piano?

Jan 3, 2009, 09:42 PM
    Well yes but I have to say its not a forte of mine
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 09:53 PM

Small sample is coming... Please let me know if you could play it. Please give me a moment...

Now, you know that our goal here is for you to learn how to write something in ternary form and not for me to do it for you, correct? :)

Although, I can help you a lot with forming your own composition...
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Small sample. Please let me know if you can play it and what you think.

Thanks!

Name:  Ryan's Piece - Small Sample - Use.jpg
Views: 1840
Size:  108.6 KB

Jan 3, 2009, 09:59 PM
    Yeah that's the goal but the more help the better I really need some structure here I'm really stuck :confused:
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 10:04 PM

Sample is there. Wondering what you think of it and if it's something that you could play on the piano or another instrument.

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2009, 10:09 PM
    Ye I can play that I'm not terrable at the piano man give me some credit thanks
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 10:15 PM

I had no idea what level you are at concerning playing the piano. What level are you at in school and what time zone is it where you're at, please?

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2009, 10:20 PM
    Well its 5:17am very early in the morning still doing work and as of grades my music GCSE (as they call them over here don't no what they call them in America) is an A so far
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 10:28 PM

I see, it's very early in the morning for you.

Have you been to bed yet? It's about 11:26 P.M where I'm located. Concerning your level in school, I was trying to find out if you're at the college level or not.

When is this assignment due, please?

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2009, 10:32 PM

No I haven't been to bed at all and as far as college level I have chosen music as a option for A level

Jan 3, 2009, 10:33 PM
    And its due in ages ago but does "have" to be in till February
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 10:46 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't understand all of this "level" stuff, but are you out of what might be considered here to be the high school level and gone on to schooling that would be considered to be optional?

If it doesn't have to be in until February, then we have lots of time to develop things and for you to learn how to do this.

It will take some time and I do have a plan.

I'm going to need to leave here for about a half hour. Will then return. I know that we're on really different time schedules. I usually start getting on here a few hours before right now.

What I'm suggesting, is that even if we're not on at the same time, that I could give you some exercises to help you to learn how to do this. I also did find a scoring sheet in my computer for a trio to be developed for violin, viola and bass.

Do you have any music writing software in your computer, and if so, what is it, please?

Thanks!

Jan 3, 2009, 10:49 PM
    Well A level is an higher optional course at a college and I do have a few pieces of software one being guitar pro (for the realistic sound engine) and the other Sibelius 4

Jan 3, 2009, 10:58 PM

Hey I got to go catch some zzzz's. Post any messages or exercise and I will check them asap should only be a couple of hours

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Composition of tear gas. [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I want to know the composition of tear gas which is use by police to dispersed the mob.why tear came out?

Composition of porcelain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I like to know about chemical composition of porcelain

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

% composition [ 1 Answers ]

If an experiment requires 5g of H2SO4 ,what volume of a 1% (w/w) solution should be used? Thanks

View more questions Search