Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    northbabe1069 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Finding my dad.
    Hi! I am 18 years old and I am looking for my father. I haven't seen or heard from him in over 15 years. I have a half brother, who I just recently found in August of 2007, that was my dads first wife's son. (He never paid child support for either of us.) We have since then kept in touch. He came to see me and when he did we went and visited our dads dad for the first time. He couldn't tell us much.. Or should I say wouldn't. I also got my dads sisters phone number and have been texting with her and she doesn't seem to know anything either. I think that he is still alive. I think he is in Bristol, VA. But I don't know for sure. Im at a dead end with this. I don't know what to do. Id really like to know where he is for sure, why he left us and didn't keep in touch, and someother things.:(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 08:23 PM

Pretty much all you can do is let his family members know that you want to get in touch with you and your half brother.
    If he doesn't want to be 'found' you are wasting your money if you try going through investigators and so forth.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 3, 2009, 08:36 PM

My oldman, or sperm donor as I call him, left when I was 1. I wish he would have actually left the area. My point is that sometimes you are better off not knowing.
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Jan 4, 2009, 09:09 AM
    Only if you are truly aware of the fact that, as it has been mentioned time and time again, your biological father may simply not want to have any contact with you. If you like you can post his name, age, birth date (if possible) and someone, I am sure, will attempt to locate him for you. Or you can simply find comfort in your present family. With any luck one day your biological father may attempt to mend the wound he has created in your heart. Hopefully before it's too late.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding someone [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find out where my son's father now works who has stopped child support with his social security number and date of birth >Moved from Forum Help<

Finding my dad [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Jason Tackett but in 1968 I was know as Jason Davis and my father name is Jamie Lee Davis. Iam trying to find him if any can help me find my dad I would so happy.

Finding someone else [ 6 Answers ]

I just got out of a long relationship with the first girl I ever really loved. This may sound dumb but Im worried that ill never find someone else and I was wandering is that normal? Its not because of self esteem, its just because I can't imagine how I will find someone who I like and who likes...

I need to finding a job. [ 5 Answers ]

I have 2 years of job experience and I am looking for a job that offers good $. I am a high school student so I don't have any diploma yet. I need to know if somebody knows a place where I can find a job, or a specific store or anything like that. If you don't know then its fine just at least...

Finding the value of n [ 3 Answers ]

how ? 312 x n = 24336 I need the method to know how to find the value

View more questions Search