Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 11:33 AM

Yeah the 15 days is best to do. If he doesn't come back and you have no way of informing him I don't know what you would do about the notice though.
    BlueMoodsNJustin Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Jan 4, 2009, 11:35 AM
    At this point a 15 minutes notice would be fine with me LOL. My brother actually gave me the idea putting his things in storage. He had to do the same when his was around the same age. He rented the place for one month, gave my nephew the key and told him what he did with it after that was completey up to him.

I know this isn't the same thing but at one job years ago the policy was if an employee didn't show up for work for 3 days without calling he/she was considered to have quit and their name was removed from the payroll. That's what gave me the idea of "assuming" he was gone for good.

Anyway the point is probably moot, although I won't be surprised not to hear from him he will probably call or show up at some point. And when he does he will be in for a rude awakening!

And yes, he does need tough love... badly... and I need to start loving myself as well. :)

Jan 4, 2009, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    yeah the 15 days is best to do. If he doesn't come back and you have no way of informing him I don't know what you would do about the notice though.
    I have some of his friends' numbers, I'm sure they will be happy to relay the message.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 11:38 AM

But it has to be written and delivered so you may want to call the numbers to find out where he is staying and mail it to him. Don't forget send it certified.

Jan 4, 2009, 11:48 AM

This is a little off topic but I tried to call my son earlier to ask him what his intentions are. It went right to voicemail so I'm assuming it is off or the battery is dead. But if he has me blocked would it go right to voicemail or would I get a message that the call can't go through or something?
    exhaustedmom Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 09:03 AM
    I swear I thought I had already written about my son jeremy when I read about yours!my son just turned 20. In January of 2008 I let him move back in to save a little money. He quit his job and never went back to work until a couple of month sago, and he doesn't make much. He is a loner so he has like seriously 3 friends. So odds are he has 1 friend. He has always been introverted and shy now he is angry and loud and a bomb ready to go off at anytime. Drugs? Probably that would explain his not caring about anything. I live in Florida and am going to a very similar situation. He came home one night and he went into one of his rampages. Yelling screaming slamming things his usual. I called the police.to have him removed from my home. My health can't take it. This was after midnight. And they told me I had to evict him. I was shocked. He knows this and is making my life a nightmare. Why is it that police tell these kids information like this? They should be telling the parents this info and telling the kids they need to move out asap.! I have multiple sclerosis so you can only imagine the fun here. Everyone who is giving advice means well I'm sure but unfortunately unless you have been in the situation and live here in Florida with these laws can really only show their support. I mean you can not clean up their messes. There is food in my sons room anyway. In Florida that brings bugs. Especially when it is mixed in his laundry that I quit doing. He will just buy something else or put a couple of items in my 3 loader machine that he doesn't use correctly.when I'm not home, he keeps items half plugged in and half plugged out of electrical sockets so I could have a fire in my house if I'm not on top of it. The clothes I do not wash are on top of the plugs. I have to pay for his car insurance why?? Because Florida law says you have to if there is a driver living in your house. Guess what? My car insurance is 220.00 a month. Yep. Me and him. And let me tell you mine is only 45.0o of it. He screams and swears in my yard and I live in an older community. He peels out in the street when he is angry _which is often- he blares his stereo speakers at night comng home through this community. I am going through a divorce to a non american who was taking me for a ride and our house will be getting sold. My son seems to think my soon to be ex will be paying for it so my son can do what he likes to to it. As far as just putting his stuff in storage , on the front porch or changing the locks? Haha he would break into the house and because again living in flroida- he has every right to be in this house . Ps why? Because he gets mail in his name at this address. The end, so yea eviction? It is costly. It is ridiculous that these children-and that is what they are!- can get away with this. I think it is unfair and unjust. It is stressful. It is painful.it is a nightmare! The laws need to be changed to protect the parents here. Also that is great that some of you can go out and pay their first months rent and storage facilities but the average bear cant. Some of us are truly in a mess. Oh and signing for something>? He will never never never sign for anything so any new ideas on how to get these papers to him?? And all of my support and understanding goes out to you! We should get together and change this law!!

May 6, 2009, 05:48 PM
    Hi Exhausted! Sounds like you are living through the same nightmare as me, and I'm sure we're not alone.

I wanted to send you a private message or email but doesn't look like you are set up to send or receive pms. I don't know if it's because you are a new member or how that works. Anyway if you can figure out how to get messages please let me know, I'd love to talk with you.

What part of Florida are you in? I'm In Daytona Beach/Volusia County.
    exhaustedmom Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 10:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoodsNJustin View Post
    Hi Exhausted! Sounds like you are living through the same nightmare as me, and I'm sure we're not alone.

I wanted to send you a private message or email but doesn't look like you are set up to send or receive pms. I don't know if it's because you are a new member or how that works. Anyway if you can figure out how to get messages please let me know, I'd love to talk with you.

What part of Florida are you in? I'm In Daytona Beach/Volusia County.
    Hi I tried to add you as a member in my profile but I don't know if it worked and yea I'm a new member lol
    I seriously had to try and recall if I had written in this forum already hahah
    I really would like to get some parents together and chage this law!
    Its heartache on so many levels too. I mean they are our hearts you know? But geez grow up and get out lol
    I'm in cocoa beach are brevard I used to live in daytona once off nova road once behind the mall in the aprtments there and once over in port something ahhahah and in a place with a o that it starts with hahah it was a few years back but good times there
    Well its nice to meet you lets stay in touch so we can boohoo in out keyboards hahah:)

May 8, 2009, 08:05 PM

Well we are practically neighbors! :) The "O" place was it Ormond Beach? I lived there for 6 years now I am in Daytona Beach, near the Ocean Walk/Boardwalk. It gets a little rowdy at times but basically pretty quiet.

I'd like to stay in touch if you want to you can send me an email to [email protected]. Let me know who you are in the subject line because I normally just delete email from people I don't know.

Look forward to talking to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 house-trained dogs keep pooping in the house [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I have two dogs. One is a 3 and a half year old beagle, and the other is a beagle-lab mix that is almost two. We have had each dog for a quite awhile and have never really had potty problems in the house. We moved to a new state three months ago and they had a few problems the first...

With this woman running the House, do you really want a Dem in the White House? [ 9 Answers ]

This woman is frightening. She quotes... ' We need to work toward the goal of equalizing income, (didn't Marx say something like this), in our country and at the same time limiting the amount the rich can invest.' ( I am not rich, are you?) When asked how these new tax dollars would be...

Owner of the House Lost House While We're Still Paying Him Rent [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently going through a somewhat messy situation.. My husband and I moved into this house in Victorville about 2 and a half years ago. The house was perfect and the rent was suitable and our 5 kids loved the neighborhood and their new schools. Well about three weeks ago this man had came over...

View more questions Search