Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supawave Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Commercial office cleaning bidding
    Looking for HelP? I have a bid to get in on a 6000 sq ft office area, there are 15 offices and about 7 restrooms toilet and sink only. A breakroom and vending area along with mechanical room with a few other miscellaneous rooms. Most of the area is carpet. This contract calls for 3 times weekly, vaccuum, and dusting. What is the approiate amount to submitt bid.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2009, 04:48 AM

Hi, supawave!

I do apologize that no one has yet come along to address your question!

Although your question is somewhat dated, and perhaps you've already found the information that you need, I do know just the right person to help you on this site, and that would be Stringer.

He owns a large cleaning company in the Chicago, IL area. I will alert him to your post.

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 31, 2009, 09:14 AM

Thanks Clough, I have been pretty busy lately and I missed this thread, thank you for letting me know.

Yes I would like to help if I can supawave, but my first question jumps right off the page at me and that is;

Are you sure about the 6,000 sq ft figure? To have 15 offices, 7 washrooms (even one hole), a break/vending area, a mechanical room, and a few other various room... well that seems a bit over crowded for only 6,000 sq ft? Please verify the overall "cleanable" square footage figure. I guess it is possible and maybe you are referring to cubical space as independent walled/glass in offices... as cubicals can be condensed.

Please tell us what area (city) are you from (pricing varies)?

When pricing is anything less that 5 - 7 days per week the sq ft price is usually more... reason: you will have more time involved picking up more trash, more dirt in the washrooms, etc, than if it was being done daily.

Although you said that it is mostly carpeted, is there carpet in the lunch room, the entrances, etc, can you give me a total percentage of these hard floors and what they are---VCT?

There is a lot of valuable information available here on this site and other places that can be extremely helpful to new business owners so it may prove to be an advantage to start a dialog here with some info about you and your company.

As Clough said we are sorry that we missed your question, but even so, if you care to come back and discuss this or other items involved in starting a business we would be more than happy to help if we can. One of those items may be advertising /marketing and we have a resident expert who has helped a many with his experience... that be a valuable resource to you, and that is Clough,

If we may help you further please let us know, thanks.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial cleaning bidding [ 5 Answers ]

When bidding on cleaning contracts how do you determine how much you charge (per square foot)? You want to be the lowest but not so low that you're working for free

Bidding for office cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I am bidding on doing basic cleaning for office space that is 800 square feet. What do I use for a base rate. Is there a site that has a free calculator for my area? I'm in the Westminster, MD area. Thanks

Bidding on Cleaning an Office Building in Virginia [ 2 Answers ]

I have to make a bid on a building that is 1,350 square feet and I do not want to underbid. The location is in Virginia and it will require what would be considered as basic to partial cleaning of an office building. I would like an idea or quote as to how much to charge for my services.

View more questions Search