Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 07:09 PM
    450donn,
    You have well said what I would have said to neokafkaesque.
    He skips the part that the city men wanted to have sex with the angels.
    Also the other passages in the bible which clearly state that homosexuality is wrong.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    neokafkaesque Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 12:36 AM

450donn, I'm not using the Bible to justify homosexuality, because, as I said, it doesn't have an opinion on the issue. Therefore, trying to condemn homosexuality with the Bible is equally wrong, which, by the way, you're doing. The length of my messages may have to do with rectifying short but extremely flawed assumptions and claims.

What am I citing that the Bible doesn't say? Could you clarify what it is you mean? Besides, the situation in the story is clearly that of gang rape, meaning that they were motivated by the imposition of power when the people gathered in front of Lot's house. Their actions, therefore, wasn't the manifestation of homosexuality but the need to humiliate by degrading the men as a gang.

Aside from that, you're the one ignoring the whole story here by ignoring the teaching of hospitality. By making the rape scene the point, which it isn't, you'd also have to take to account the following events. You're basically saying that the rape attempt was bad and sacrificing the daughters in addition to incest is right. You're the one ignoring the story.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2009, 01:42 AM
    neokafkaesque
    Perhaps all the bible passages that have been posted here which clearly show that God thinks homosexuality is very wrong is being ignore by you or having no effect on you because you want to believe as you say about the bible, "it doesn't have an opinion on the issue".
    Obviously there are many here who believe and know otherwise and have said so.
    I believe that the bible clearly says that practicing homosexuality is very bad.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    neokafkaesque Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2009, 03:46 AM

arcura, you say I "want to believe" that the Bible has no opinion on the issue when - based on solid, objective logic - I KNOW it has no opinion. In fact, you're the one who's ignoring the Bible and distorting its message with a stamp of bigotry, which didn't exist in the Bible to begin with.

In short, even though you have no proof, you're response says the Bible condemns homosexuality just because YOU SAY SO. Besides, you're going pretty far as to say you know what the Almighty is thinking. Frankly, your "argument" is erroneous and asinine.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 6, 2009, 07:53 AM
    >Thread Closed<
    By request of OP

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

X-Men Issue #11 [ 1 Answers ]

I own an X-Men Issue #11 (August 1992) Limited Edition Platinum Cover. How can I find out how much it is now worth or does anyone know how much it is worth?

I have a shower issue and venting issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot...

Why has sex become an issue [ 7 Answers ]

Ive been with my boyfriend for a year and a half now, and the bedroom has become more of a battlefield. He makes it very apparent when he does and when he doesn't want to have sex. Its to the point to where I'm so fed up with this bull that I'm ready to walk. I mean really, this has got to stop. I...

Process for Resolving a Summons for Collection of Debt [ 1 Answers ]

Hello again, I am writing again because I am hoping to get some help on a summons I received in the mail on Saturday, February 3, 2007 regarding collection of debt. I reside in New York City, the debt collector is Midland Funding LLC. I planned on appearing in court to resolve the summons...

Problem w/ Resolving Some DNS on XP sp2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hey All, I have a problem that's really ticking me off. I will list the attempts at fixing the problem below. Problem: I can launch some web sites and not others. Yahoo comes up but if you click on the link for maps, music, anything they only load maybe one out of five times. Mail...

View more questions Search