Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Jul 19, 2006, 07:04 PM
    Please read especially new people
    I don't know if this is the proper place to post this and Im not sure if its been discussed but Ive noticed a whole lotta times where people are dissagreeing with other people on my and other peoples posts. If you dissagree with "Moe" about something then please don't post that on my post. "Put it on Moes" post. You are causing people to get low scores because you didn't agree with someone and I don't want people thinking I can't give good advice. Thank you.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Jul 19, 2006, 07:09 PM
    Comment on nymphetamine's post
    Excellent point!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 19, 2006, 07:14 PM
    Well, that is all in the scheme of things. People agree and disagree, that is life. But in the grand scheme of life we all learn and take something different from every answer.

I agree that it "stinks" that people disagree here, but we all learn something in the process.

I know I have.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Jul 19, 2006, 07:22 PM
    I think she was saying, it's fine to disagree just make sure you are doing it on the right response or post. Maybe?
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jul 19, 2006, 08:08 PM
    Yeah a little confusied as well, the wording really threw me off. I think you were right aqua, I believe she might have been saying just because you disagree with someone don't always lower their posts?? Make sure you lower the post you disagree with?? That was my interpretation anyway.
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Jul 19, 2006, 09:53 PM
    Perhaps it is possible for the head honchos ;) to make it so that someone who makes a comment can retract it. Since mistakes do happen from time to time, it would be nice that if I accidentally disagreed with the wrong post I could delete it and put it where it belongs.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2006, 10:17 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    Exactly.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Jul 20, 2006, 02:53 AM
    Well, I personally feel it's an immature thing to do. As adults, I think we should learn to agree to peaceably disagree. The people who challenge us the most are the ones we stand to learn the most from. I feel, if you have nothing good to say to someone, just don't say it. Perhaps some people do it simply to be spiteful, but I think Abraham Lincoln said it best in the words, "I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends." No better way to invalidate a perceived adversary.
    Just my thoughts on the matter. :)
    Expert

Jul 20, 2006, 05:20 AM
    Comment on Thomas1970's post
    I think your thoughts are perfect!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 20, 2006, 06:59 AM
    I just got dinged by some newbie and I reported his post as inappropriate how do I get rid of the diagree he threw on me.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 20, 2006, 07:13 AM
    I refer people to this thread:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

Which discusses guidelines on how and when to use the Comments feature. That's what appears to be the focus of the OP.

People can disagree with matters of opinion. That's just part of life and free will. That is always going to go on whenever you have a discussion on opinion. However, if you disagree with a matter of opinion, just add a post to the thread offering your disagreement and an explanation.

In my opinion the Disagree choice in the Comments feature should be used ONLY when pointing out dangerous advice or correcting or factually incorrect answers.

One other point. The choices offered are I Approve and I Disapprove. These show up, however as I Agree and I Disagree. While these are similar they are not the same.

Jul 20, 2006, 07:14 AM
    Comment on rudi_in's post
    It would be nice to be able to delete and/or edit Comments.

Jul 20, 2006, 10:05 AM
    Comment on aqua@home's post
    That is exactly what I was saying!

Jul 20, 2006, 10:12 AM
    This is what I meant: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/langua...tml#post127234

A disagreement that was meant for someone else was made on my post. Not the first time something like that has happened either. There is also problems with people agreeing on someone's post and putting that in the wrong place too. I know people make mistakes but its happening waaay too much.

Im sorry you guys I just don't know how to put it in the right words. I just assumed everyone would understand. Sorry

Jul 20, 2006, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nymphetamine
    This is what I meant: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/langua...tml#post127234

A dissagreement that was meant for someone else was made on my post. Not the first time something like that has happened either. There is also problems with people agreeing on someones post and putting that in the wrong place too. I know people make mistakes but its happening waaay to much.

Im sorry you guys I just dont know how to put it in the right words. I just assumed everyone would understand. sorry
    Well that is kind of a hard one. It looks to me like Marj Ann used the comment feature to answer instead of replying. So Susy was forced to use the same feature to correct it. Interesting discussion on idiomatic and cultural usage though.
    Expert

Jul 20, 2006, 11:24 AM
    THIS WAS COMMENTED ON TODAY BY SOME NEWBIE NUT CASE...

He may be a lousy president but all his rich friends got richer. Me and my friends got poorer.:cool: :mad:

Comments on this postmichaelx: Then go your butt back to school and quit flippin burgers

I don't mind people disagreeing but this is out of bounds since he did engage in rude attacks thruout the thread and he was deleted when I reported him. This is all that remains of his antics.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jul 20, 2006, 02:04 PM
    That made me chuckel talaniman, it really did, I would have given you rep but apparently I can't do it all, because this is the third freaking time, it told me to spread the love and I told it no, so it doesn't like me anymore, I am convinced.
    Jay_Jay Posts: 74, Reputation: 15

Jul 20, 2006, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    THIS WAS COMMENTED ON TODAY BY SOME NEWBIE NUT CASE........

He may be a lousy president but all his rich friends got richer. Me and my friends got poorer.:cool: :mad:

Comments on this postmichaelx: Then go your butt back to school and quit flippin burgers

I don't mind people disagreeing but this is out of bounds since he did engage in rude attacks thruout the thread and he was deleted when I reported him. This is all that remains of his antics.
    That's Bang Out of order!

Manners and good etiquette do not cost anything.
    Expert

Jul 20, 2006, 02:30 PM
    Yeah and how did he know I was flippin a burger!
    Expert

Jul 20, 2006, 02:31 PM
    So where is my darn burger already!! LOL, you know you are one of my favs Tal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do some people say? [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering why some people say to use condoms when girls give you head?

For people [ 3 Answers ]

Hello people! I'm a student, I like sport very much. I play football, volleybal, ping-pong and basketball not bad. Also I like to cycle very much. I have a bad bicycle and I want to buy a new bike, but I haven't enough money because mountain bike(on this type of bicycle you can not only ride, but...

Hello people [ 1 Answers ]

Does any body here know how to reformat a PC?

People [ 4 Answers ]

About a year ago I had sex with this guy who is now one of my closest friends, and now my best friends is telling me that people still confronting her and telling her that I'm a whore for doing it. They also say that it's the reason I haven't made it into some the higher ranked clubs in my school,...

View more questions Search