Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teresita Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 05:55 PM
    Do police lie?
    Well this really has to do with getting pulled over for a back tail light that really wasn't broken the car smells like alcohol then the breath meter. NOW the cop tells me that I am doulble over the limit, I wanted to see for myself and the cop refused, I ask for a blood test as soon as I got to the station because I don't even drink!! San mateo county California. No blood results then relesed. Is it against the law not to show me the meter reading?:rolleyes:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2009, 06:18 PM

Yes police lie. You probably should have gone to the ER straight from there to get a blood alcohol test done.
    Also there is a chemical thing that some people have in their system that converts sugar to alcohol (I forget what it is called) but it will cause a false intoxication.
    You need a good lawyer.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by teresita View Post
    Is it against the law not to show me the meter reading?:rolleyes:
    Hello t:

Nope.

It IS against the law to stop you for NO reason, though. But when and if you get to court, he's going to have to show how the machine is calibrated...

But, if the cops is just going to flat out lie, there's not much you can do - unless you've got witnesses, and I hope you do.

Cops are allowed to LIE if they're tying to get a confession... They are NOT allowed to MANUFACTURE evidence, though. But, the law ain't never stopped 'em before.

excon
    humingbird2009 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 3, 2009, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Yes police lie. You probably should have gone to the ER straight from there to get a blood alcohol test done.
    Also there is a chemical thing that some people have in their system that converts sugar to alcohol (I forget what it is called) but it will cause a false intoxication.
    You need a good lawyer.
    I agree, people that have problems with sugar can give off the odor of alcohol.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 3, 2009, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by humingbird2009 View Post
    I agree, people that have problems with sugar can give off the odor of alchol.
    If you mean Diabetes, then yes, it can be mistaken for alcohol.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2009, 07:24 AM

I forget what it was called but it has a specific name and I assume it may be related to diabetic but not limited to it.
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Jan 4, 2009, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I forget what it was called but it has a specific name and I assume it may be related to diabetic but not limited to it.

The correct answer is:
    A diabetic person is in a state of very high blood sugar known as ketoacidosis.

Bad breath may be more prevalent in individuals with diabetes, simply because certain types of odor-causing bacteria tend to thrive in a high-sugar environment.

Fruity breath odor\" is one of the characteristic symptoms of diabetic ketoacidosis, <source: Wikianswers. Wikianswers.com>
    Just throwing my $0.02 in...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2009, 05:09 PM

The officer is not required to show you the meter ( and in radar not required to show you that either)

They can lie to get you to confess, like telling you it it was double, so you will then say " but I only had .... beers" Also the pocket field unit is not ( at least in our state) correct for use in court, it can be used for the arrest but would have to be confirmed by a breath test at the station or a blood test.

Often in our department we would take someone in, and find they were not on the machine or the machine broken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a police officer [ 3 Answers ]

I want to become a police officer in New York city, but I'm from ireland, what can I do?? Please answer :) :)

Police Stop [ 3 Answers ]

In the U.K, is it legal for an off duty police person to arrest me having shown me his badge?

Should we go to the police? [ 25 Answers ]

Me and my friend have this friend and her boyfriend has been hitting her and he threatens her all the time and he even held a gun to her head at one point fallows her everywhere and has these freaky mind game type things and the other day he poked her in the eye and made her blind in one eye I mean...

Can Police use gas station to sit in? [ 18 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question so sorry if its not. My friend owns a gas station and the police constantly use the parking lot to sit in and monitor traffic. Sometimes they park right in the entrance, hindering people from going in and out correctly (in essence, making...

View more questions Search