Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cessna182 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 03:56 PM
    Water Dispenser Doesn't Behave
    We have a 7 Y/O GE side by side refrigerator. The water dispenser usually doesn't produce water, ice is OK. Sometimes it leaks and will the work. Kind of a nutty problem. I wonder if we have a bad valve at the door.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 05:22 PM
    Could be a valve or the selonoid that activates the water flow.
    cessna182 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Thanks. I don't think they are very expensive. I'll probably replace both. There is a temp regulation problem with the fridge too. It stays about 30º regardless of where the control is set. Wonder if they are related or if just coincidental.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Probably not related. Could be a thermostat or thermostat bulb location related problem or sensor if used on that model.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hooking up water line to refrigerator for ice maker and water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my problem, I just bought a refrigerator that has an ice maker and water dispenser which by the way is a Haier PRCS25. I then purchased an ice maker kit from the hardware which came with a self piercing saddle valve. From here I connected the valve to a 3/4" copper cold line pipe...

Foul tasting water from refrigerator water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE Profile side by side refrigerator roughly 3yrs old. A couple of weeks ago it started getting warm. We cleaned the coils in the back and it started to cool back down, however, a foul smell started that day. Now the water and ice from the dispenser taste bad and the smell is still...

Cloudy water from refrigerator water dispenser [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to troubleshoot/fix cloudy water issue. Water from all faucets, etc. is clear, except from the refrigerator water dispenser. I have detached the refrig. Water supply line and opened the value, and still get cloudy water... so I assume the refrig is not the issue. How do I find the...

Water dispenser- [ 1 Answers ]

I own a GE SS refrigerator- The water dispenser was not working so I did some research and change the valve-- It remedied the problem temporarily -- the dispenser started working sporadically- and now it does not work at all- I thought it was a defective valve so I changed it again to no success- ...

View more questions Search