Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzyquzy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 01:26 PM
    how do i know if the silver I'm buying is worth the money
    I have been buying old silver tea pots and such and would like to find out its value
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2009, 01:30 PM

It would help if you had a name of the company and any other information because there are hundreds of silver tea sets that range from a wide range of value.
    snookie82 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2009, 02:13 PM
    In order to correctly estimate its value or their values you must look to the bottom and find its mint stamp. There will usually be a code or item number and a possible makers or artists name. Most of these stamps and names can be looked up via-online as you are problably not the only one who collects teapots. In terms of metal value there must be a 925 or 945 stamp indicating that it is indeed silver. However most teapots are silver plated and their values can range from artists and mints. Many vintage teapots can be made entirely of silver. So do your research and find out exactly what you have.
    curtisst Posts: 40, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2009, 07:39 PM

Antique Trader has an excellent book called "Teapots Price Guide" by Kyle Husfloen. You might find it on Half.com or Amazon. I got mine from Krause Publication at a discout cheap. Go to any of these sites to find the book.Also understand the difference between "silverplate" and " pewter" which can be mis-construed as silver. Pewter is generally darker and flatter in color. Some prices are as high as $47,000.00! Condition is everything though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much silver certificate worth? [ 4 Answers ]

I have some 1$ silver certificate bills and I was wondering how much they are worth if anything? Series 1935 F X 42952557 I Z 02879507 I Z 81901269 I Series 1957 U 22360565 A A 41716627 B ...

How much is my $1 silver certificate worth? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a $1 silver certificate with a couple folds. It is a dated 1935E the serial # is M78664618I it has a grey front and a green back. It doesn't say " in god we trust" it is crisp. Could someone help with a value of this bill.

Silver certificates worth [ 3 Answers ]

I have one 1936 and four 1957 $1 silver certificates in good condition, I'd like to know how much are they worth?

$5 silver certificate worth. [ 1 Answers ]

Some dumb blonde gave me a $5 silver certificate buying cigarettes at work today The year is 1934 D Serial # is S27282010A Sec. of Treasury appears to be John W Snyder Treasurer is Georgia Neese Clark In the bottom right hand corner: J2047 It's in decent shape... no tears no markings...

What is it worth, silver certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a silver certificate that is in excellent condition 1935 C, no tears and no folds

View more questions Search