California SIT Rate
    California SUI Rate
    California SDI Rate
    California ETF Rate
    Michigan SIT Rate
    Michigan SUI Rate
    de_de_gc Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jan 2, 2009, 07:01 PM

Basicways, I can help you with California, but I do not have the Michigan information for you.

CA - SIT - Varies depending on the withholding status of the employee ('ee) . (Is the 'ee single with 1 exemption, married with 2 exemptions, etc.) You would use the published tax tables to determine the appropriate withholding rates.
    CA - SUI - Varies based on how many of your former employees have received unemployment. 3.4% is the unusual for a new business in California, and it goes up (rarely down) from there. This is an EMPLOYER tax in California.
    CA - SDI - This is actually a fixed rate. For 2009, the rate just changed to 1.1%.
    CA - ETF - I assume this is ETT, Employer Training Tax - 0.1% - This is also an EMPLOYER tax in California.

Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yields, exchange rates and interest rates [ 1 Answers ]

When interest rates falls, then bond prices rise and yields fall. However, when the exchange rate falls, investors demand less bonds, price of bond falls and yields rise. So what happens in an environment of falling interest rates and depreciating exchange rate- the 2 are opposing consequences-...

View more questions Search