Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Jan 2, 2009, 05:10 AM
    Cat carriers/kennels
    Recently my brother moved out with his dog... My cat who had been scared to death of his dog had been living at my gramma's. But when my brother moved out, I started luring the cat back up to my house. Although she always used to be an outdoor cat, we now let her in the house, and she gets along great with my Siberian Husky(although she will eat his food). AnywaysI think the one reason my mom will let her come in the house is because she is housetrained when she wants out to do her business she will go to the door and meow, she hasn't had an accident on the floor yet. Here's my question, there are some nights(like last night) that are really cold and we have to keep her in the house. The only thing my mom is scared of is her getting up on the furniture... Should we purchase a type of cat carrier or kennel for her so she can sleep in that at night??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 06:18 AM

I wouldn't recommend keeping a cat in a carrier over night. You might have a lot of howling all night. Why don't you contain her in one room for a night with her litter box? That would be a better solution. I have kept my cat in the bathroom over night with litterbox. Worked well for her and us.
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Jan 2, 2009, 06:20 AM

The cat doesn't need a litter box she's housetrained just like a dog but instead of going to the door and crying she goes to the door and meows. I just thought she would like a carrier, because she likes small spaces, and of course we would leave the door open.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 08:46 AM

Yes I know what you mean. Cats train naturally. My cat goes out like the dog does, only she comes and gets me and I always know what she wants. She also has a litter box in the basement.

You know your cat better then anyone, so try the carrier. Why ask then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blazing star kennels [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm thinking of adopting from a place called Blazing Star kennels and I was looking on the site and it sounded pretty good and I thought that was great but everyone I want to know if this is a good place to get a puppy?

ISDN PRI Signaling Across Carriers [ 1 Answers ]

I have a combination of LD carriers with multiple local carriers. This scenario is Qwest as the provider of the longhaul and SBC as the local carrier. I had a situation late yesterday where my PBX rebooted. The recovery time was approx 7-8 minutes. When the switch came back up we looked at...

View more questions Search