Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aconrad12 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 09:19 PM
    No signal found
    So a couple month ago my computer screen droped WHILE ON.So I just now finely got a brand new computer screen,just to find out that it says no signal found.I have tried different moniters but it says the same thing.So my theory is that it's the computer itself and that when the computer screen droped it shocked or damaged my video card.I can get a new video card if that's the problem, but I want to make shure I haven't missed anything.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 09:23 PM

No, you pretty much got it. If you have tried a few monitors and all getting no signal, that would indicate that the video card is toast.

Jan 1, 2009, 09:25 PM

Or that its loose or something?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 09:29 PM

Well, all you can do is try to reseat the card to see if that would make a difference

Of course ground yourself to the chasis of the case and remove the card with even force and then what you can try is to put it into another avail slot if you have one avail and when reseating the card, push it in slot using even force, make sure it is all the way in and then attach a monitor up to it and see what you get and go from there.

If no signal after reseating, it would indicate the monitor or the card, but as you have tried a few different monitors, that would indicate the card is faulty

Jan 1, 2009, 09:32 PM

Will do,my screen I have now is brand new so it's the card
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 6, 2009, 05:58 PM

Try reseating the card or moving it to another compatabile spot on the motherboard and trying that if it don't work then the card is likely dead

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Signal [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I turn on my computer I get a "no signal" sign on it. The computer seems to be running fine and I've checked all the cords. They are all plugged in correctly. Any ideas?

No Signal [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter was playing her SIMS 2 Game all day, later in the day she came off computer, left Sims still on screen, when she went back an hour or two later it had all gone from the screen. When she tried to put monitor on again it came up no signal. We tried rebooting computer but each time it...

Found the actually verse of the song, but still haven't found the name =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I found one verse of the song I've been looking for ! :) But still haven't found the song!! :mad: :( :confused: Here's the verse: "cause im mr mr lonely open up the door what did i see my baby with another man right infront of me"

No signal [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, recently bought my first build and construction was successful. Booted for the first time and no problems, insterted vista and installed it When the computer rebooted the monitor displayed "no signal" and went to standby. This is all that happens after many restarts, reconnection of...

No Signal [ 2 Answers ]

hello, my monitor shows "No Signal" just about every time I play a game or watch a movie. This only happens at those two instances, other than that my system works fine. At first I thought my monitor was faulty, so checked my system with another monitor and the same thing keeps happening. I'm...

View more questions Search