Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    barbii1119 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 06:20 PM
    My dog rubs her butt on the floor
    I have a 3 1/2 month old sheppard pitbull mix that constintly rubs her butt on the ground. Is this something I should be worried about and if so how can I fix this probem?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 06:22 PM

I heard that can be a sign of worms. Ask a vet and have it checked.
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Jan 1, 2009, 06:28 PM

Also could be anal glands that are clogged, from soft stools or allergies, a quick fix at the vet.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 06:35 PM

Hi, barbii1119!

Yes, this is something that you should be concerned about. As already mentioned, there could be at least a couple of things going on.

She's obviously irritated, so the sooner a trip to the vet, the better!

Thanks!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 1, 2009, 09:43 PM

I agree with all of the above. Go to the vet.
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Jan 2, 2009, 05:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by teachnk View Post
    Also could be anal glands that are clogged, from soft stools or allergies, a quick fix at the vet.
    Exactly that's what I was told at my vets, that the anal glands needed to be excercised, they also said it could be for some type of enjoyment.
    Staserbeam Posts: 33, Reputation: 7

Jan 2, 2009, 01:24 PM

It's probably either anal glands or worms. Either way, it's a simple and quick fix that your vet can do.
    angelgreen11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 01:48 PM

Well it could be that it itches or she needs a bath to clean her bottom once she starts doing that give her a bath
    snookie82 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2009, 02:01 PM

In my expertise of having two dogs it could in fact be anal glands that are filled and need to be drained and/or removed via in house vet surgery. However my dogs had them removed a while ago and they still on occasion drag their behinds on the carpet. The only way to figure out any of the above possible problems is a visit to a vet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weird logged shaped skin that rubs off [ 4 Answers ]

I have this problem with my skin rubbing off. When I get out of the shower, it is the worst. If I gently rub my hand over my skin on my upper back the skin rubs off and I am left with little rolled up logs of skin on my hand and under my nails. My skin is healthy and I experience no other side...

How do I give great back and foot rubs? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to do a great back rub and foot rub for the next guy in my life. I need to know how and maybe wher to go for that.Are the rubs the same as massages or not. Any help me out there?

Cat rubs bum on carpet [ 5 Answers ]

My cat will sit down and rub her butt across the carpet. This happens maybe several times a month. Usually when she starts doing this I take her to the vet to get her anal glands cleared out, because he says they are clogged. He says it's normal... She is very healthy and only eats the good...

My dog shakes and rubs her ears a lot [ 4 Answers ]

My dog keeps rubbing and shaking her ears, why does she do this and is there anything I can do to make her feel more comfortable?

A bigger butt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everone Is there a way that I could possibly make my butt bigger, and my waist smaller through exercise or food?

View more questions Search