Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 1, 2009, 05:34 PM
    Feeling uncomfortable
    Ever since I was 6th grade, I've have a problem I abhor. I always think of others before me. Like, lets say that I am going to a birthday party, I know that most kids will be excited about what their going to do, not me. I worry about what they are going to think of me, try not to be embarrassed and things like that. For instance, last year it took me a whole 6th grade to get use and comfortable with my classmates, I always think before I talk and because of that, never get to express my opinion all the way. I feel like everybody is watching me, laughing behind my back, and making fun of me.

I know that's not true. But I feel that way, even with my relatives. My cousin just came from New york to visit us. Usually I am always outgoing and talkative, but ever since he came, I became quiet and nervous. I want to act normal, but cant! I just HAS to think before I talk and think of how I will look like in the other person's eyes... I get mad at myself. I always tell myself "Why don't you just drop it? Just talk and act normal!!!" I guess it doesn't work that way because it's futile...

I've had enough! I need help, please help.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 05:41 PM

You sound like you have a problem with self confidence.
    Work on that and realize you are just as good as anybody else.
    Then when you think those thoughts start thinking instead about what you think others think... looking forward to the party, etc...

Gaining Self Confidence In 3 Easy Steps

Gaining Self-Confidence: Tips You Need to Know
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jan 2, 2009, 01:40 AM
    I'm the same way and I still get nervous and I've been working on it for years!

You seem like a great kid, just work on trying not to think about it so much and be yourself! Everyone gets nervous around new people.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 2, 2009, 01:45 AM

In my opinion you sound more like a person who cares too much about what others think about you! Like you have to do the right thing, wear the right thing and say the right thing!

TO ME it is less of a self confidence thing then a self-epiphanation that everyone is different and needs not to be forced to act different then who they are.

Be yourself, say what YOU want, wear what YOU want and act like YOU want.

(all this in clean spirit of course I'm not saying swear all the time if you want to swear!)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2009, 06:05 AM

Exactly be yourself above all else. Learn to be comfortable with you. I use to be like this too, one day I realized why do I care what people think so much. Then I just started being me.
    Sure sometimes you can embarrass yourself but who doesn't say or do something embarrassing in their life time.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 2, 2009, 11:00 AM

Thank you guys =)

I agree: I'm my worst enemy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling uncomfortable, should race matter? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi you guys, Im 21 yrs old so I don't have whole a lot of experience w/ dating, but Ive been dating this guy for a couple of months, and I really like him a lot, he's really cute and he's has a good personality,the only thing is he's a different nationality then I am, so it hasn't been easy for me,...

Uncomfortable around girls [ 25 Answers ]

How do I become comfortable around girls I like enough to be able to ask them out? I feel paranoid around them and don't know what to do. I need serious help!!

Why running behind the uncomfortable [ 1 Answers ]

Why our eastern countries are adopting the cuture of western side whereas the wesrern people want to get rid of the same such as tight fittings dresses, nudeness, Non-vegirarien food unnatural sex etc,

Uncomfortable Rental Situation [ 8 Answers ]

I wanted to get a few opinions on a situation I'm involved in now... I recently purchased a duplex property that I had once been a tenant of for three years. Because of my good rental history with my landlord, he offered to sale the duplex to me first. Upon my lease expiration, my sister...

Missed period and uncomfortable cramps. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 8 days late but have been experiencing cramping for over a week. Lower abdominal and lower back, quite uncomfortable really. I have had the usual hormonal changes but no tender breasts which I always suffer from about 3-4 days before I am due on. I think I am going to get a test today?...

View more questions Search