Ask
    Vunnie09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 03:30 PM
    Disabled Parents
    When a parent gets disability does the dependents go to college for free
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 03:31 PM

No. They can continue to receive the SSDI from the parent until they are finished with college though.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 06:42 PM

You can't get free college just because your parents receive disability. Sorry.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2009, 07:53 PM

This is one of the many myths,
    There were some special scholarships for some military disabled during wartime at some colleges, but that is a limited issue and I don't believe is in place any longer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parents and grand parents [ 2 Answers ]

are there any laws in pa say that stepparents nad grandparents have right to say what goes in my child's life ?

I'm curious about SSD payments to children of disabled parents. [ 1 Answers ]

If a parent is disabled, receiving disability payments and a child is receiving payments, do the child's payments come out of the parents disability payments? In other words, when the child turns 18 or finishes college, does the payment go back into the parents payment or is the child's payment...

On Credit card with Parents- Parents Leaving me holding the bag [ 3 Answers ]

I got out of a bad relationship and my credit was bad... so my parents offered to take out some credit cards and also put me on some established ones... I am only on there as a signer, authorized user... I charged very little most of the charges were for a business my mom owns... they now have...

Disabled, can't pay, not won't pay! [ 1 Answers ]

I defaulted on a credit card. 5 or 6 years ago they got a judgement way back in about 2002. A law firm bought the judgement, and calls constantly. They will not except payments, will not send me anything by mail, will only deal with me over the phone. I asked them to send me the info by mail, they...

View more questions Search