Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hallboy6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 03:19 PM
    Flickering CFL lights
    Why do CFL lights flicker when off. Its only the ones in light sockets that can dim.
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Jan 1, 2009, 04:53 PM

CFL lights are not intended to be installed on a dimmer switch. If you are going to use the CFL bulbs, then you will want to remove any dimmers and instal a regular light switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flickering Lights [ 2 Answers ]

All of the sudden... When we turn on our appliances downstairs, our lights in that area flicker. Why is this so? Should I be alarmed?? It has been doing this now for a couple of weeks. Thank You, Jenna Coy:eek:

Flickering lights in vision at work [ 6 Answers ]

I just within the last few minutes started having flickering lights in my right eye and stuff looks like it's going through a kaleidoscope... the muscles in my neck and shoulder are very tight. No headache (yet). I'm sure it's an occular migraine, but does anyone have any quick remedies for this,...

Flickering Lights [ 2 Answers ]

Recently, we have experienced flickering lights at various spots throughout the house. As I'm typing this the lights just went off and back on and nothing else was on in the house. Our house is over 20 years old. Any idea where we should start investigating? It has never happened before.

Flickering lights [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: i have some lights that are flickering in the down stairs bath and hall and a small computer room what could be the problem? I think it could be a week braker, or a bad connection. What do you think. Thanks for any help.

Flickering lights [ 37 Answers ]

Bigg oops I thought I double posted the question some how and edited/lost the origonal Dangit will try to recompose it Issue of dimming lights, brightening of lights, constant flickering. All these would be a lot worse of a flicker when it is night time or windy out, but still quite often in...

View more questions Search