Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spolochick Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Child support
    How do I find a persons employer , this person is almost $2,000.00 in debt for child support and the friend of the court is not doing there job they are telling me I have to go and find his employer because if he did in fact work there system would pick it up but he seems to have money for christmas and stuff like that but see he has a 17 year old son and isn't supporting him hasn't seen him in 3 to 4 years now an d nothing for his birthday's or christmas in that long ,so if anyone is out there please help me find thisd deadbeat dad's employer.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2009, 10:06 AM

Your friend will have to go to the Child Support Enforcement office and fill out the paperwork and let them find his employer. Being $2,000 behind is nothing these days. Just because the father "did nothing for Xmas and the child's birthday" is irrelevant. He's 17 and soon to be 18 and will be on his own financially. In some states child support ends at age 18.

If he is working off the books, it will be next to impossible to garnish his wages.

Child Support Enforcement is your best bet.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2009, 10:09 AM

When you are employed legally, your employer pays SS taxes for you. This is reported to the system and they have a record of your employer. The state child enforcement agency as a government agency, can access that data.

On the other hand, if he is working off the books, then their hands are tied. You would need to hire a detective or follow him to see where he works. If he is working off the books it will be difficult to prove.

Jan 1, 2009, 10:12 AM

But the child support enforcement isn't doing nothing about this when I call them they don't help .
    But my ex husband had to support my son until he is out of school, thr only reason his support is so low because he went into court and lied he really make 29.00 a hour

Jan 1, 2009, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spolochick View Post
    but the child support enforcement isnt doing nothing about this when i call them they dont help .
    but my ex husband had to support my son til he is out of school, thr only reason his support is so low because he went into court and lied he really make 29.00 a hour
    Please reread what I said. Its probably not that are doing nothing, but that there is little they can do.

When you went to court, did he provide paystubs or tax returns to prove his income? If not and he just lied, why didn't you or your lawyer demand proof?

Jan 1, 2009, 10:19 AM

Yes we all had to give information, but now he behind again what happens now they said the next step is to see the judge because we already seen the friend of the court referee and he never went by there payment arrangements , but how does my son get support , I've been supporting him .

Jan 1, 2009, 10:22 AM

Thanks for responding ,but what is the next step just wait

Jan 1, 2009, 10:49 AM

You didn't quite answer my questions. You said he lied but you didn't say whether he supplied proof of income. You can go before a court, but unless you can show where he works so that they can garnish his salary, there is little more they can do. You can try requesting that his tax refund be attached.

Jan 1, 2009, 06:19 PM

OK yes we went in for a hearing he said he was working and ehrn he wanted his child support looked at he gave them his income which at that time he didn't have any so he says they took my income but how can you raise a teenager on 50.00 a month but I should say nothing a month now if it goes in front of a judge what will happen

Jan 1, 2009, 06:21 PM

I can't predict what a judge will do, but if he provided no proof of income, then you should have asked for a postponement for him to produce proof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Legal age in Indiana to stop child support for a child in college [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know when I can legally stop paying support on my step son who is going to be 22 and is still in college

Can a step-parent be forced to pay child support for their spouses child? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend's husband has a child from a previous relationship that she just recently found out about. He has no relationship with this child but has been paying child support for the past 2 1/2 yrs. The child is presently 6yrs old. She has heard through a someone that knows the mother of the...

Child support issue-Child no longer with custodial parent [ 22 Answers ]

My child is 18 yrs old and is no longer living with her mother.I am paying child support in New Hampshire and have recently learned through a subpoena that my daughter is living in New York state. Can child support charge me in 2 states on the same child? What steps can I take to have the child...

View more questions Search