Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfecm1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2006, 08:09 PM
    Monitor shake
    I just noticed that in the upper left hand corner my screen is shaking, I also noticed that as I'm turning the computer off, a bulls eye type image appears in that same corner, is there anything I can do about this? It doesn't seem like the screen is shaking anywhere else, I tried moving the speakers away and there has been no change, thanks for your help
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2006, 05:32 AM
    It sounds like somebody has placed a piece of joke software on your PC. It could also possibly be something more malicious.

I would download some spyware/malware scanners and run those. Try Ad-Adware and Spybot: S&D - these are probably the best free tools out there. It might also be worth running these programs in safe mode. Here are some instructions on getting into Safe Mode.

Also make sure you have a good virus scanner running. Two free ones are in my signature.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 19, 2006, 05:55 AM
    While I agree with LT, another possibility comes to mind depending on the type of monitor (a significant fact you left out). If it's a LCD (flat panel) monitor, this may be an indication of a problem with the pixels in that area. I would check the monitor manual or the manufacturer's website. About this as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Shake IT Shake It Daddio Daddio [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know the name of that song on the old navy stripes commecial. Shake it shake it Daddio Daddio... I can't find it anywhere... Does anyone know??

Hands that shake/tremble [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my hands have started to tremble. Do you know what causes this? Thanks for your help.

Selecting Blendolini Causes Choco-Banana Shake Hang! [ 2 Answers ]

Does any one have a copy of Microsoft Technical document Q157668? A friend of mine said it was 'pulled' after it made Microsoft look a laughing stock! I've tried contacting them about it,but they say it's no longer available.I wonder why? Best wishes, Nez.:D

Monitor [ 1 Answers ]

hi my computer screen just jumps in and out concave and convex I think the more settings are wrong, it was stuck on 400x640, I then changed it to 600x800 but it still jumps. any suggestions thanks

View more questions Search