Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlylongmore4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 1, 2009, 06:52 AM
    How do I stop being shy and how do I get out there ?
    I am a very gifted person I can sing and dance but I am very shy how do I show people that I have a nother life that I am a very differnet person underneath this shy girl:(:o
    shatriya Posts: 156, Reputation: 18

Jan 1, 2009, 07:12 AM
    I won't call it as being shy. I will call it low self confidence which will be there till you face the crowd. If u get on to the stage twice or thrice and come down with a good result, then just notice your confidence. You need close friends to make you realize that you are something and to promote you to face the crowd and to be bold.
    This is how people get cool. Confidence is everything, even if you don't have any credential with, only with confidence you can rule the world. At least in your case you have such a beautiful gift, singing.
    So just look for a chance, when you can sing in front of your friends, and beat it. After that, you are the queen.
    Show yourself to the world
    Best of luck
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

Feb 1, 2009, 01:54 AM

You again Charly? See I knew you knew you were gifted. Well let's see here Charly. I can tell you that I was right where you are at now when I was your age. I was dancing and singing on my own. Never in front of anyone. It wasn't until COLLEGE when I finally just had no choice but to go on stage. When they knock and say, "5 minutes", honey they mean 5 minutes and there's no turning back. Once you do it a few times, even the first time, hopefully that anxiety you feel will become your friend and you'll use it to your advantage. Now when I had to sing? Harder for me. Dancing you just have to move. Singing? I felt like everyone could see my knees quivering or was afraid my voice would crack.

What is it you feel you have to prove or show everyone? Or do you think it's stage fright? There are mentors for this and as you go on to train (AND YOU WILL TRAIN, right?) you will build more and more self confidence. You would be so surprised if you knew how many singers and dancers are still very frightened to go in front of a crowd. Barbara Streisand had a serious case of stage fright in which she saw a therapist for. She battled it for most of her career and only till about 10 years ago or so did she feel that she finally tackled it. I know you're looking to show people what is underneathe right now but let time take care of some of it. In the meantime, you will GROW. Again, see if you can ask someone at school especially, to guide you with this. Besides the music or drama or dance teacher(s), even the school counselor for your shyness. You can also reach out to someone on the outside of school altogether especially if you take classes to train. And you are going to train and keep training right??

You have endless possibilities right now so don't let any time slip away and as someone suggested in your previous post, let someone evaluate you to help you along. OK beauty? Would you mind letting us know if you are male or female? Only if you feel comfortable, you do so. Take care for now and put that ball in motion.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 02:19 AM

Hi, charlylongmore4!

I know that you haven't been on this site in awhile, and I do want to thank trmpldonagn for reviving this thread, because otherwise, I might not have seen it.

You've received some excellent advice above! If you might want to do something on this site that by doing so, could potentially help you to improve your self-confidence, I have an activity that we could do that you might really enjoy.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
    trmpldonagn Posts: 252, Reputation: 15

Feb 1, 2009, 01:33 PM

You've got me curious. I might enjoy it myself Clough if you want to go ahead. (It's on this site?) Whenever is convenient for you. If not and in the meantime, we will patiently await Charly's return. Hope he/she comes back. If not, hope he's/she's singing to his/her heart's content.
    Smiles...
    KellBells17 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 06:45 PM
    Something that helped me break out of my shell was just performing with others, like in a choir. I didn't do any solo's for a while. I joined a choir and joined a children's theater group (really all ages). Usually children's theater groups cast everyone who auditions, so more than likely you would get a chorus role... but those are the best things to break you out of your shell... you get the experience of performing, but knowing that all eyes Aren't on you... yet that is... once you get yourself out there enough, you aren't going to want anything else! Trust me, I was in the same position you are, and no one saw me... also, take voice lessons... when you practice with a professional individual, you gain A LOT more confidence, and you know more of what you're doing when you go out and perform for people... ALSO, check out volunteer ways to sing for people (like elderely retirement homes) - they LOVE it when young people come and sing for them... it really makes their day! Good luck!!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2009, 12:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by trmpldonagn View Post
    You've got me curious. I might enjoy it myself Clough if you want to go ahead. (It's on this site?) Whenever is convenient for you. If not and in the meantime, we will patiently await Charly's return. Hope he/she comes back. If not, hope he's/she's singing to his/her heart's content.
    Smiles.....
    I'm sorry that I didn't notice your post here, trmpldonagn! If you're game and interested in an activity that will be mutual, please let me know on this thread.

Yes, it would be on this site.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I really need to stop [ 2 Answers ]

Heloo guys :) hope you are all OK Ummm OK here is the thing! Till now am considered thin! But ifeel lately that I have gained weight! And I really want to save myself Before it'z too late! And the problem is I don't know why I'm just eating and never feel Full :(

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

Fan won't stop [ 2 Answers ]

The compressor on the a/c turns off but the fan continues to run. Tonight when I turned off the a/c at the t-stat, the fan and compressor came back on even though the unit was turned off. What is my problem? The unit is about 24 years old and the t-stat was replaced a few months ago.

View more questions Search