Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Momtoafew Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2006, 06:56 PM
    Hunter Douglas Alustra Silhouette Shades ?
    I have Hunter Douglas Alustra Silhouette Shades (and yes, I've checked the hunter douglas website first). The shades I have are large... about 5 feet across. Over the years small particles of dust (and a few itsy bitsy dead insects) have settled in the middle of the blinds/shades (the outside of the blinds are very clean and pristine). The problem I have is I can't reach these particles with a duster. I've tried using my hair dryer to blow the particles out, but they're do far down to reach. Does anyone know if a company makes a duster that's very long to reach dust on these types of shades? Or does anybody have a suggestion how to "blow them out"... like I said, tried a blow dryer, but no success. Thanks.:eek:
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jul 19, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Do you have access to a small air compressor? You can get an air wand that is about 16" long that would work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter AutoSaver 550 [ 4 Answers ]

I installed a Hunter Auto Saver 550 in my home recently. Everything seemed to be working fine as the heat worked and that has been all I needed. Now that it has warmed up here and I need AC, the unit does not respond. I set it on cool and nothing happens. Even when I move the fan switch to "On"...

Hunter fan to install [ 1 Answers ]

Opened perfectly good operting hunter fan to install hampton remote... I am lost. (hamptom remote is to be compatible with hunter fan?? ) From ceiling I hv blk/red/white & grnd Remote has blk to motor... blue (light) to motor and white to motor Only...

Hunter fans [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a Hunter wall mount remote control for my hunter fan. Can anyone help?

How many shades and how fast [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, For those who used whiterskin complex, how many shades did you get from it and do you compliment it with some other cream or not. Also how fast did it work, I'm still waiting for my order. Thanks Also, thank you AskMeHelpdesk and all who contribute to having this forum.it is a pretty good...

Hamptombay: clips that hold glass shades. [ 2 Answers ]

We have 4 Hamptonbay ceiling fans installed in our home. They are all the same and everyone has a broken metal clip that holds the glass shade on. Most light kits have 3 screws that hold the glass on. Not Hamptonbay! Has anyone cameup with a fix for this problem? Randy

View more questions Search