Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2009, 04:11 AM
    Installing windows vista
    I would like to know how I can erase an old windows from a tower to install windows vista,and also when I put the windows vista cd in nothing happens,could the drivers not be installed or is my boot setup wrong please help,also is there anything that needs to be changed when you in the main setup when you add a video card and a sound card.

Thank you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2009, 07:19 AM

When you install Vista, you can select a FRESH install that will wipe out what's on your hard drive. Of course this means backing up all your data first. You also want to make sure you have Vista device drivers for all your hardware.

You need to BOOT to the Vista CD, not just insert it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email sending prob. In windows vista using windows mail [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem in sending emails in windows mail in vista. Up to yesterday, it was working fine. I have deleted and created the account again. Email address,pwd, pop n smtp etc everything is correct but email are not going. There is genuine windows vista with Mecafee. No problem with incoming...

Can a windows xp virus effect windows vista? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My pendrive was infected by a virus called "jambanmu" which is either a malaysian or Indonesian virus. If I put my pendrive into a windows xp computer the virus will stop the computer from using few stuff. As for my pendrive the virus doesn't allow me to reformat it. If I use a windows vista...

Installing AOL with Vista OS [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone determined a solution to the issue of "missing snmaster.idx"? Neither AOL, Microsoft or McAfee were able to address the issue all blaming the other software vendor for the problem. There must be a solution as many people must be trying to install AOL on Vista systems? I have tried...

View more questions Search