Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassyrn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 07:07 PM
    "lardy wax" buildup in sewage ejector basin
    I have liven in my house for 9 years and replaced the ejector pump two times, the second time with a Zoeller. My issue seems to be that there is a waxy-lard build up in the basin that is not allowing the pump to work. My husband and I cleaned it out a 2 years ago and now we are having the same problem. My question is, is there anything that we can do to prevent this from happening. I heard that putting Rid-X down into the basin every so often helps. What should we do.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 31, 2008, 07:48 PM

What's on the bottom of the sewer ejector pit is exactly what you flush down the drain. You have to be careful what you flush down. We recommend cleaning pit once a year as a preventive measure.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 07:58 PM

The goo in your pit is the results of fats and acids being in the pit together, they create a form of soap, this is the same old "Lye Soap" that was make many years ago using the renderings of tallow and the acid from the ashes that is left from burning the old wood burning stoves. There is not much you can do about it except clean it out.
    You might ask a septic person if he knows of a de-greaser to use in your tank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Who would win between these 2. Oscar De La Hoya "Golden Boy" vs Floyd "Money" Mayweather Part 2 My vote is for Oscar to win this time by unanamous decision.

Sewage pump with strange "trap" [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sewage pump/pit pre-plumbed in my basement - the installation is fine, it is vented and has a 4" pipe from a future bathroom that runs into the side of the tub buried in the concrete. My question is regarding the 2" Waste line that leaved the pit/pump. It rises vertically to the joists...

"Belly" in basement sewage line - options? [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks for looking in. Here is the situation. I had our basement finished 4 years ago to include the addition of a full bath using the existing roughins. We noticed overtime the basement toilet will not drain properly after flushing. We'll have to plunge it and occasionally this has caused the...

View more questions Search