Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JCollins57 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2008, 06:26 PM
    New Hard Drive
    I just had a new (larger) hard drive put in my computer and ever since then my sound sounds like a scratched record and my mouse skips or jumps all over the place when I move it. What is wrong and how do I fix it?
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Dec 31, 2008, 07:28 PM

Re-install your operating system software. It would be a good idea to make a back-up copy of your important files first. The re-install should only correct the program settings without deleting any data files. Your customized settings will have to be reset after the installation
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 15, 2009, 09:07 AM

I would actually double check to make sure everything is plugged in right and unistall and reinstall your audio drivers and mouse drivers
    tyro2009 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 12:26 PM

Could be your new drive uses more power than the old one, thus overloading your power supply. But, also check connections as another poster said.
    scoray Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 09:08 AM
    Will installing a new hard drive get rid of all virusetc.
    scoray Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 09:11 AM

Willinstalling a new hard drive get rid of all virus and other unwanted elememts
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Feb 16, 2009, 05:23 PM

Installing a new hard drive with all software loaded from the ORIGINAL copies will eliminate all virus & unwanted elements. Reload any extra software from the original copies as well. After you configure the PC to your preferences, scan for viruses just in case. If clean, then restore your data files (which may contain viruses). Re-scan for viruses.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 05:38 AM

Check your sound driver is instslled properly or not, just reinstall it and also check you hard drive may making the sound please ask to your vendor to check it and scan your computer with anti virus.
    tyro2009 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 01:42 PM
    No, no further problems, I got good advice from my query.

Thanks to all,
    tyro2009
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Mar 28, 2009, 09:08 PM

Glad to hear it worked

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace existing hard drive with upgrade to larger hard drive? [ 6 Answers ]

How do you replace existing hard drive for a larger one and how to save info on existing device?

Cd drive problems/hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I'm using windows xp pro I've got a lite-on combo cd drive :E Basically I tried 2 fix my e drive because it wasn't reading cds (on dvds) and I think I put a virus on my computer When I tried 2 restart it came up with something like.. Windows cannot start up properly due to a recent...

Is this cd/dvd drive and hard drive compatible with this motherboard? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone I want to know if these parts are compatible... Newegg.com - ASUS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 14X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners Newegg.com - Western Digital...

Hard drive easy question! Help! And 1 hard one! [ 6 Answers ]

undefined I have two questions first is the hard one I tried out a trial version of "folder locker" which locks up and encrypts (I guess) your deata so no one else can see it when they are on your computer.. it also lkets you lock down entire drives.. so somehow I went to lock down my o drive and...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

View more questions Search