Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendy merman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Over bleached hair
    I was trying to lighten the front of my hair, I wanted about 1" thick blond streaks in the front. I usually bleach with a cap, but this time i thought I would just try to paint the two front blond strips in. Anyway, these 1" strips turned out to be about 4" wide, and are totally white, with some hint of red. It's too much, the color is very strange. I would like to know how to fix this. I was going to dye it a darker blond, still faily light, but not this weird color I have now. Should I only do the strips, should I use a cap, or should I just dye my whole head. Could someone help me please!
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jan 1, 2009, 03:02 PM

Your hair has turned to different shades because of uneven application.
    You could try fix it at home but you you really can't afford to have another disaster. Best to leave colour corrections to the professionals.
    Please do visit a reputable colourist.
    ScarletSea Posts: 63, Reputation: 6

Jan 2, 2009, 05:37 AM

Heyy. I would probably get a light/mid blonde and dying over the bleached strips. I would recommend Nice 'n' Easy. Make sure you get a neutral shade as ash will go grey and warm will go yellow. They have a colour indicator on the side which will indicate what shade it is.
    This should fix it.
    Good Luck =]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red hair dye on bleached blonde hair [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this but am desperate for any advice. Right, here goes! I have long hair which was dark brown base (almost like my natural colour) with bleached blonde panels going through it. It looked fab and it was even in good condition. Then lo and behold on the 8th September just gone I...

Bleached hair [ 2 Answers ]

I've recently had my hair bleached, and now its white blonde and redish orange.. What can I do to get rid of the redish orange color and to darken my hair up?

Bleached hair [ 2 Answers ]

Hi can you tell me if I can dye my hair a dark blonde at home which would you recommend?:)

Highlighting bleached hair [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter bleached her hair about four weeks ago and we had to rince it off very quickly because it burnt her scalp, most of her hair did bleach apart from some of her hair unerneath. Will it be OK now to just highlight her hair on top of the bleach or will it go wrong

I bleached my hair [ 1 Answers ]

I have dyed my dark brown hair black for 2-3 years now and recently I bleached my hair, making it go brown. I bleached it again and now it is orange! And it won't go blonde, what can I do?

View more questions Search