Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russgriffin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Connecting PC to TV
    Hi, this is my first try at this so here goes.I am trying to connect my Bush LCDTV009HD TV to my PC which is running vista. My graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 6600. When I start the system all seems to go OK then I loose the signal and the screen says no signal. When I start th PC in safe mode it is OK but then I can't change the settings. Any ideas.
    jcortez13 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 07:10 PM

Odds are good the refresh rate is to high. Hook the PC to a normal monitor. Change the resolution to 640x480 at 60hz

Then when you hook it to your TV you can then adjust it to a resolution that fits the entire screen but keep the refresh at 60hz. My 720p TV likes 1366x768

In vista go to Control Panel -> Personalization -> Display Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Monitor Tab
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 13, 2009, 06:56 PM

Can you describe the connections on your 6600? Does it have: dvi, svideo, vga? If so unplug your standard monitor turn the PC on wait until you think it has booted up fully and then turn it off and plug in a svideo cable from the PC to the TV and turn it on then it should be good to go

By the way the3 way I have the same video card

Jan 14, 2009, 01:36 PM

Sorry for the delay will give it a try. Thanks.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Jan 14, 2009, 01:40 PM

Let us know how it goes. I'm betting on jcortez's solution or similar. 640x480 might be too low ersolution for an HDTV though... 1024x768, 800x600, or 1280x1024 seem to be more common these days. If you want true HD, try 1920x1080. Not guarentted to work with your TV, but it IS the 1080 resolution, so if it's true HD and the card goes that high, it's worth a shot.

Jan 15, 2009, 01:23 PM

Sorry to mess you about, we have now decided to put the TV in our bedroom. I am going to buy a new 22in monitor.Thanks a lot for all your help anyway.
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jan 15, 2009, 04:10 PM

That's good long as your problem is solved by the way the quality of graphics from PC to TV through the video on the 6600 sucks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting a TV, VCR, DVD [ 2 Answers ]

I need a wiring diagram to connect an antenna, TV, VCR and DVD. I have an RF modulator and a 2 input coaxial TV switch.

Connecting to 192.168.1.0 [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to setup my D-Link DI-624 (c2) and I can't connect to the IP address 192.168.1.0, if you have an any how to help I would appreciate it, thanks.

Connecting to LAN [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My company has a Wlan and a wireless internet connection. On my laptop the wireless shows that there is a very strong connection, but when I click on the internet explorer, it comes up with the error message, "The page cannot be be displayed?" But when I connect with network cable...

Connecting ABS to PVC [ 1 Answers ]

It looks like they sold me ABS for the 90degree fittings, PVC for the straight pipe. Can they be glued together? If so, should I use the PVC glue or the ABS glue?

Connecting to AOL [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently install AOL 9.0 Security Edition on my PC (Windows XP). At first, it worked fine and then after a short while, it started knocking me off and every time I try to sign on, it brings me right back to the sign-on screen after completing the 7 steps to signing on. I have...

View more questions Search