Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevco Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Internet is slow when using AOL
    My internet is slow when I use AOL, is there something I can do short of using some other type of browser? We don't want to change our email addresses. Thanks.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 01:44 PM

You can still use IE or Firefox while you are online with AOL

Connect to your AOL account and then minimize AOL and then just open up Internet Explorer, it will work
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2009, 04:44 PM

Well with AOL, AOL has so many extra things that it runs that most people really don't need or use

What you can do is go to add/remove prgrams in control panel and there you will see all the AOL stuff that is installed seperatley from the AOL program, if you happen to see something that you know you don't use or need, uninstall it -

But if you are not sure that you need it or not, just leave it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer VERY slow to connect, if at all. [ 6 Answers ]

We've got a problem that's popping up on our systems here at work, and it's specifically with IE. When you fire up IE on some systems, about 50% of the time, it sits there saying that it's connecting - sometimes for up to a few minutes. If you close IE, wait a minute, then fire it back up, it...

TCPOptimizer.exe made my internet so slow [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I need help.. I used TCPOptimizer.exe to optimize my internet but instead, it became so slow.. I already restore back up settings but still... I'm using a dial up >realtek rtl8139 family pci fast ehernet nic >agere systems ac'97 Please help..

Slow internet [ 4 Answers ]

When I first got my internet it was so fast and now after just a few months it's so slow it takes like 15 min just to load my home page.Please tell me how I can speed it up or what may be causing it to run so slow. Thank you

How do I check a company or Internet Site with the Internet Better Business Bureau? [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find a company or Internet Website, that has not certificate etc. How do I check them out with the BBB for the Internet?

Forced Air Furnace flame good, fan goes slow then fast then slow, etc [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a forced air propane furnace in a "Park Model" rv trailer. (This is a bit smaller than a mobile home) The furnace is used infrequently as the trailer is located in a sumer resort vacation area, however we do like to go up a couple of times in the winter months. Furnace was...

View more questions Search