Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badeau Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Voice Over jobs
    I have a son that can impersonate just about anyone. He does it just for fun. People think he is so good they have suggested looking for jobs that are Voice Overs. How would you go about doing this?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2008, 10:19 AM
    He needs to get an agent. Where do you live? How old is he?
    badeau Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 11:12 AM

He is 23 and lives in NC
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 02:32 AM

Hi, badeau!

You would look for a talent agent, scout or producer and see if they would have any leads as to where he could audition.

Thanks!
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2009, 08:28 AM
    He needs to get an agent. I'm sure in NC there would be plenty of regional work for him. Good luck.
    yctalent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 01:18 PM
    Hello,

Yes he would have to get a agent. I work in the NC area as a
    Talent Agent but all our work is in NYC and LA. Not that much in NC.
    Check out the website we will be having a open call soon.
    Blank
    Please fill out a form with your info and we will let you know when. Good Luck

Here is a sample of our casting...
    NYC Castings

EPISODICS
    LAW & ORDER, "Bailout"
    UGLY BETTY, Episode 317 (New Role)

LAW & ORDER, "Bailout"
    Episodic
    UNIVERSAL NETWORKS TELEVISION
    NBC EPISODIC
    Episode "Bailout"
    Exec. Producers: Wolf, Rene Balcer, Fred Berner, Peter Jankowski
    Director: Jean de Segonzac
    Casting Director: Suzanne Ryan
    Casting Associate: Claire Traeger
    Shooting dates: 2/3 - 2/12
    SUBMIT ELECTRONICALLY
    AND FOLLOW UP WITH
    HARDCOPY PHOTOS TO:

NOTE: We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. For every role, please submit
    Qualified performers, without regard to disability, race, age, color, national origin, ethnic
    Origin or any other basis prohibited by law unless otherwise specifically indicated.

:)SEEKING:
    [CLIFF DIBBENS] male, 35-50, attorney representing Ronny Addison. Addison has been
    Charged with kidnapping and murder. Addisonís scheme to extort money from wealthy
    Businessman Andrew Gardner was done for a noble cause - to benefit a group home for
    Rehabilitating teenaged juvenile offenders. Dibbens has a very sympathetic defendant
    And a vilified victim in CEO Andrew Gardner. It is difficult to predict how the jury will react
    And that makes for a very interesting case. LEAD
    [CARLOS PADILLA] male, 15, Hispanic or Black, street, Harlem resident, living at a
    Group home for teens, his mother is in jail. He has a record ñ nothing serious just
    Truancy, fare beating, and vandalism. He talks tough and does not shy away from adults
    Or cops. He is at the crime scene where Blair Cahill has been killed. Police suspect he
    May be involved along with the leader of the group home, Ronny Anderson. LEAD
    [RONNY ANDERSON] male, white, 36-46, "the look of a wounded but well-intentioned
    dog". Ronny runs a home in Manhattan for teenage boys who are recently released
    Juvenile offenders. Ronny does not have much of a life of his own, he has poured his
    Heart and soul into helping these kids rebuild their lives and stay on the right side of the
    Law. He works tirelessly soliciting donations and has promised them improved housing,
    More supplies and better days to come. When the bottom drops out of the economy and
    The donations and funding shrink, Ronny is forced to pursue more unorthodox measures
    To fulfill his promises to the boys. LEAD
    LAW & ORDER, "Bailout" page 2
    [ANDREW GARDNER] male, 46-53, ìarrogant and slickî, a self-made man, the CEO of a
    Major investment bank, still enormously wealthy despite the fact that his company has
    Gone belly-up. He gets to keep his 48 million dollar bonus even though many of the
    Companyís clients lost their life savings and retirement funds. He is hated by many.
    Gardnerís mistress is kidnapped and he receives a ransom request. He is slow to
    Respond. She eventually ends up dead. Police are able to identify a suspect in the
    Kidnapping, Ronny Addison, and bring him to trial. Things get tricky when the jury
    Sympathizes more with the kidnapper than the greedy, irresponsible CEO, Gardner.
    LEAD
    [GEORGE] 37, the ìefficient conciergeî at a high-end Tribeca condo. The murder victim,
    Blair Cahill, lived there. He answers detectivesí questions about Blairís schedule and
    Lifestyle. TWO SCENES
    [RAMON] male 15, black or Hispanic, Harlem resident, juvenile offender who has
    Entered a post-release program called ìThe Right Trackî. He is quick to defend the
    Leader of the program, Ronny Addison. THREE SCENES
    [DAVEY BURKE] male, 31, ìdeflated Master of the Universeî. A former employee of an
    Investment bank, headed by CEO Andrew Gardner. The company went belly-up and
    Burke lost his job and all of his savings, as did his father, whom Davey encouraged to
    Invest at the firm.
    [BLAIR CAHILL] 26, chic, white, ìsmokiní hotî, accustomed to the good life. She is the
    Well-kept mistress of a very wealthy man.
    [SILVIO MANGIAFICO] 36-45, Italian American New Yorker, blue collar, works as
    Delivery truck driver. He was on a run late one night in Harlem when a young woman ran
    Out in front of his truck. Silvio was not able to stop in time and she was hit. He kept
    Driving.
    [BENITO] 28, Hispanic, male, blue collar. One-time juvenile offender who has now
    Cleaned up his act. Heís living in a modest home in Queens and makes a living doing
    House-painting and light construction.
    [AMANDA RENTERIA] 30s, sheís a contract manager for the NYS Dept. of Juvenile
    Justice; she oversees the distribution of government funds for youth programs. She
    Answers detectivesí questions about Ronny Anderson and The Right Track youth
    Program.
    [DUNCAN THORNHILL] male, 56-64, gruff, ìcalloused farmer and sometimes horsebreeder-
    For-hire, who is trying to sell his run-down, uninhabitable farm and some land in
    Upstate New York.
    [JUDGE BRADSHAW] m/f, over 40, presides over trial and two aggressive opponents.
    Several scenes.
    [MR. ASHWORTH] 30s, potential juror, high school physics teacher, interviewed by
    Opposing attorneys during voire dire.
    LAW & ORDER, "Bailout" page 3
    [MS. CALOS] 50s, Greek American, potential juror, interviewed by opposing attorneys
    During voire dire
    [MRS. CHANG] 40s, 50s, Asian, potential juror interviewed by opposing attorneys during
    Voire dire.
    [MARJORIE] 26-34, attractive, trim, salesperson at an expensive SOHO clothing store.
    She is helping a young woman pick out a new dress.
    [CHERYL KAMINS] 28-37, any race, public defender assigned to represent young
    Carlos Padilla. She speaks for her client at arraignment proceedings.
    [REALTOR] m/f, 30s, black, nicely dressed. Detectives ask him/her to show them a
    Vacant apartment in Harlem that they believe the murder victim may have visited before
    She was killed.
    [JUDGE LEGRANDE] m/f, over 40, presides over arraignment of Ronny Addison and
    Carlos Padilla.
    [SGT. MADDEN] male, 30s, NYPD, he is at the crime scene where Blair Cahill has been
    Killed. He fills in detectives.
    [KID #1] male, 15-16, black or Hispanic, a resident at the Right Track youth center. He is
    Interviewed by police who are investigating the head of the center.
    [RODNEY] 16, black or Hispanic, street kid with a smart mouth, lives in a low-income
    Area in Harlem. He is hanging out with a group of friends the night that Blair Cahill is
    Killed. He speaks with detectives when they arrive at the scene to investigate the crime.
    [MISAN] male, 15, black or Hispanic, street, lives in low-income tenement in Harlem. He
    Is hanging out with a group of friends the night that Blair Cahill is killed. He speaks with
    Detectives when they arrive at the scene to investigate the crime

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best voice ever [ 9 Answers ]

Hi!! :) What is the best voice you have ever heard? I am a big fan of opera so Renata Tebaldi is one of my choices. Also there is a South African singer called Ashton Night who also has a band called The Awakening. The music is mostly gothic rock, Ashton has this deep rich voice that give me...

Is it possible to regain old voice? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I had a question about my voice changing and how to regain my old voice. I am currently 28 years old and really haven't sang for 8 years now. Until I was 21, I was really into singing and would frequently go sing at karaoke rooms and sang a LOT in my car. I never had one of those...

ACK! My voice! [ 2 Answers ]

Gah! My voice is gone! (I think it's because maybe I yelled too much, but who knows?) It is raspy when I try to talk! Are there any ways to cure this? Home remedies? I DO NOT want to go to the doctors!! :eek:

Voice over [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know I good place to study VoiceOver in NYC?

View more questions Search