Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ratan2009 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Can J-2 EAD holders sell stuff online on eBay or similar websites?
    Dear Immigration attorneys,

Can valid J-2 EAD holders (with no restrictions on their EAD card) sell stuff on e-bay or similar websites? (Seems somewhat tricky as its not strictly an "employment" with an "employer." Any suggestions?)

Thanks,
    Ratan.

Dec 31, 2008, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ratan2009 View Post
    Dear Immigration attorneys,

Can valid J-2 EAD holders (with no restrictions on thier EAD card) sell stuff on e-bay or similar websites? (Seems somewhat tricky as its not strictly an "employment" with an "employer." Any suggestions?)

Thanks,
    Ratan.
    Also, can the above J-2 holder with EAD work for more than 1 employer?

Thanks in advance,
    Ratan.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 31, 2008, 11:06 AM

If there is no restriction on EAD, you can work more than 1 job, or if you are not "employed", you can sell things online, trade stocks, etc. All you need to do is filing income tax accordingly.

Dec 31, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    If there is no restriction on EAD, you can work more than 1 job, or if you are not "employed", you can sell things online, trade stocks, etc. All you need to do is filing income tax accordingly.
    Thanks for the excellent piece of advice! In your reply, you mention that J-2 EAD card holders can sell things online and buy stocks only if they are not "employed." Can they also sell stuff online/buy stocks if they are employed somewhere else at the same time (as long as they do it after work hours ofcourse)? Thanks a tonne again. :)
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Dec 31, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ratan2009 View Post
    Thanks for the excellent piece of advice! In your reply, you mention that J-2 EAD card holders can sell things online and buy stocks only if they are not "employed." Can they also sell stuff online/buy stocks if they are employed somewhere else at the same time (as long as they do it after work hours ofcourse)? Thanks a tonne again. :)
    Actually you can do anything as long as you pay income taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there any websites similar to craigslist or freecycle for low income mom? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 17 and just got married recently to the father of my child. Neither of my parents ever had much money so at 16 I had to move in with my then-fiance'. The only thing I wanted for a year after was to marry him so 2 monthes after my 17th birthday my mom paid and signed for me and we had a pretty...

Purchased something off eBay, now she refuses to sell it [ 11 Answers ]

Over 2 weeks ago, I purchased an item off eBay and won it for a certain amount, no reserve was in big bold red letters, auction ends, I win.. minutes later I receive an email stating she didn't realize no reserve, she has just purchased these items weeks prior on eBay for much more and she can't...

Can F1 sell goods on eBay? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a simple question. I bought a headphone a while ago and I want to sell it on eBay. Is that legal? I am on a F1 Status, which limits me to just 20 hours/week (full time during summer holiday). Is it all right if I sell some stuff on eBay? It not a business, I am just selling...

Does anyone sell on eBay who I could pay to list for me? [ 2 Answers ]

I'd like to sell a face cream on eBay. I'd pay for the paypal fee and eBay fees, plus give you a small commission for just listing it for me. If interested, please send me a private message. Thank you!

View more questions Search