Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pauln Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Cost of Comcast DCT
    I recently moved out of my apartment and returned the DCT, However Comcast claims the box was never returned and are charging me a $450.00 fee for a new box. Why are they charging so much when I could buy one on the internet? Am I being scammed?
    2C_is2believe Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Dec 31, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Comcast also accused me of not returning a DCT, however, they only charged me $80.00.

Do you have any paperwork showing you returned the box?

The installer who took my DCT wrote down the serial number on the transfer receipt, which I faxed to Comcast and received a credit to my account in the amount of $80.00.
    Pauln Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Does any one have an idea of how I can challenge the $450.00 charge for the DVT( located in Pittsburgh Pa), since I know someone else was only charged $80.00? Should I try the Better business Bureau?
    2C_is2believe Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Dec 31, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauln View Post
    Does any one have an idea of how I can challenge the $450.00 charge for the DVT( located in Pittsburgh Pa), since I know someone else was only charged $80.00? Should i try the Better business Bureau?

There is the possibility that the cost of DCT's varies from state to state. I am not in PA. If $450 is the cost of the DCT in PA, I don't see any reason why you would contact the BBB. The cost is usually high, to prevent theft of the DCT's. If you cannot prove you returned the box, then maybe you could just make monthly payments until the DCT is paid in full.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comcast cable [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everybody... not sure if this is the right section but here it goes: My family recently got the comcast cable deal with that machine part (the one that looks like a DVD player)... I don't know what it's called, but anyway we've figured out how to record shows and such. The problem is we...

DVD operation with comcast remote [ 1 Answers ]

How can I use my comcast remote to operate my DVD player?

Comcast VS Microsoft [ 2 Answers ]

What's the difference between "Comcast'' and "Microsoft.''... What exactly are they?

Comcast Tv Stations [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a new TV about the same time Comcast offered the digital network, Our TV has HDTV built into it so like channel 4 has two stations one is 4 and the other is 4.1 Does anyone else get this and is there a channel guide? We now have over a 100 stations with no box.

View more questions Search