Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DigitalByDesign Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Sony Vaio FW11M Blu Ray HDTV playback via HDMI
    Hello people!

Ive come to a loose end trying to get my blu ray movies to play through my Samsung HDTV. Im playing the movies through the WinDVD software pre installed on my FW11M. I am connecting to my TV via HDMI, and have the desktop showing on the TV via FN + F7. The thing is, every time I change to full screen HDMI via FN + F7 the TV turns black and will not display the image. As we all know the movies will not play if both screens are on due to copyright infringements.

As I said I can view the desktop on the TV with the Laptop and HDMI setting, but as soon as I try to change the input FN + F7 to switch the laptop screen off it does not give me a picture.

I hope someone can help and the above was not too difficult to read! :D

Thanks in advance.
    DigitalByDesign
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 2, 2009, 02:23 PM

What resolution are you running on the laptop? Maybe its trying to output at something the TV can't handle?
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Jan 2, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post
    what resolution are you running on the laptop? maybe its trying to output at something the tv can't handle?
    Exactly what I was going to say. I believe the resolution for displaying 1080 HD is 1920x1080... for 720 HD, it's SOMETHINGx720. The SOMETHING might be 1280... but I'm not positive. Try setting your resolution to one of those, and see if you can get it to work on the TV.
    DigitalByDesign Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2009, 07:19 PM

Thanks for the response, I have found a work around using the extended monitor option in screen properties. Seems to be working fine, I had a little interference on playback but that filtered out once I upped the resolution to 1080p for some reason...

Still won't display in either 720p or 1080p using the FN + F7 though. When in double display mode, on the laptop and the TV it works fine and the desktop is displayed. But as soon as I can't the setting to just the monitor display it doesn't show.

It is indeed a weird one! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I connect a Satellite receiver, DVD-R and HDTV inline with HDMI Cables [ 2 Answers ]

:confused::confused:My problem is so simple, but it is driving me insane. I hope someone can help me figure this out. I have read all instruction books, but there is absolutely no mention of what I need to do, and it should, but it doesn’t. I have a Dish Network HDTV DVR Satellite Receiver (one...

Sony vaio [ 1 Answers ]

My laptop screen is blank, it sounds active but no sound when starting up. Hasn't been dropped to my knowedge. Help!

Connect Vaio laptop to sharp HDTV [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Vaio laptop (I think the model is PCG-7T1L(that is what it says on the bottom) but it also says VGN-N130G near the screen) and I am trying to use my Sharp HDTV as a second monitor, to watch movies. I have the right cord (VGA to component video, the blue,red and green plug ins to the...

Sony Vaio [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I also have a PCG-K23 and I am thinking of upgrading ram, but why can't intall 2 1gb ram sticks in it?

Sony Bravia HDMI connection to DVD not working (Denon S-301) [ 0 Answers ]

I just got a Sony Bravia and hooked it up to a Denon S-301 using an HDMI cable, and got nothing. Is there some sort of "intelligent search" for components on either the Denon or Sony? If not, how do I get them to recognize each other? Thanks

View more questions Search