Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Muffin22 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 11:10 PM
    I am confused what should I do?
    A guy I have been mainly just friends with for close to a year now I told him I have real feelings for him and wanted to know if he does for me. I told him if he doesn't to tell me and he won't hear from me anymore. He wrote back this>> I do have feelings for you, but I don't think they are as strong as yours are. I do not want you to go away but if you feel you need to I understand, (I guess because I had said once it hurt me to not really know) then he typed BIG HUGS, like usual. Is this real caring?Does it mean he won't love me? Will he start to love me? He has told me he is slow and once told me he was scared. I am confused. Please help, sincerely?

Thanks so much!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 30, 2008, 11:36 PM
    Ask Me Help Desk - Search Results

Have you made the mistake of investing too much emotions into this fellow, who is taking his sweet time getting to know you better? I feel that your trying to get to the next level, where he is in no hurry.
    I do have feelings for you, but I don't think they are as strong as yours are.
    That's all you need to know, and his message is very clear, he doesn't feel like you do, and that's something you have been ignoring, and that's exactly why your confused.

Back off him, and balance your life with other people, and activities, and limit this association for a while, and see how you feel later, without worrying about him expressing his feelings to you, or you wondering what on his mind.

Pushing for more, will only push him away, so its obvious you should give this some space, and focus on other things. He will do things in his own time if at all. Don't hold your breath though.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 11:42 PM

I agree. Either this guy's trying to let you down easy, or actually really likes you, but not as much as you do. In either case, continuing to invest your emotions and time into this guy will end up badly.

As tal said, back off a little. Give him space. You already told him how you felt about him, and now the ball's in his court. See what he does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Man am I confused - OPT, H1, [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, Great forum here ! Well I am pretty confused about all the taxes and procedures. But I have been reading a lot, especially the questions posted on this site. Let me just give you a quick flash of events before I post my questions. Sept 2005 - Arrived in US from INDIA on an F1 Visa....

I am confused [ 3 Answers ]

Hey last time I had my period on 21st of September I have regular periods but this time I am late for my period as well I am not getting any period pains but I have got a light backache abdominal pain but it comes on and then goes away pain in upper legs and sore breasts , enlarged breasts I have...

I'm confused [ 1 Answers ]

Well I was 13 days late on my cycle and about the 10th day I had vaginal discharge then on oct 21 I started bleeding but only bleed for two days can anyone help me

Confused.. [ 2 Answers ]

Grr, I like these girls, I know it's wrong to like multiple girls, but I like them all a lot. I don't know if any of them like me, and I'm really depressed about it.. I don't know any girls that like me more than a friend. Although I know it's good to at least have girls like AT LEAST like me as a...

COnfused of what she wants [ 2 Answers ]

My girl friend and I have been together for about 2.5 years and we love each other. For a long time she put 200% into our relationship... I thought she knew I loved her and so I didn't feel the need to make a big deal out of it. I thought it was understood how I felt, and I do love her with all of...

View more questions Search