Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    israelissick Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Dec 30, 2008, 11:52 AM
    Abit av8 3rd eye motherboard
    Hi I have a abit av8 3rd eye motherboard that I've had for awhile now. I love this thing. Recently has been acting up and now does not work at all. Here are the symptoms... The first week when I would turn the power botton on it would hesitate for about 30 seconds before coming on, afew days later it would start stall then restart and run, and now it doesn't nothing when I press the power button. I tried to get intouch with ABIT for trouble shooting but it seems that they are no longer a company, I can't find any way to get ahold of them. The mother board has a diagnostic code but I think it maybe wrong too because it should have a letter and a number and it only has the letter F, I checked the handbook and there is nothing for just the letter F. I need help finding out what the problem could be.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Dec 30, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by israelissick View Post
    I need help finding out what the problem could be.
    First confirm power supply is OK by replacing it with a known good power supply or utilizing one of the inexpensive testers that are available. Then remove and reinstall all memory modules (board should be depowered completely when doing this - power cord unplugged). If still no joy, unhook and unplug everything from board, undo any overclocked BIOS settings, install minimum RAM, and look for foreign objects (screws that came loose) between board and chassis.

The manual I was able to find for an AV8 indicated an .F.0. code for button reset, so might investigate power/reset button functionality. Was code .0.F. . Nothing.F. or .F.Nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never come across this one before so I'm abit stuck! [ 2 Answers ]

So I met this girl in a club and we had a bit of a kiss and a dance as you do. Im based in the uk and she just moved here from america about 5 months ago. Anyway finally after a week of texts we meet up and have this fantastic night out. A few drinks, dinner and drinks again to end... got on...

View more questions Search