Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mayersseagal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2004, 10:18 AM
    Ambulance with Paramedic
    I am under process of starting a project on a free ambulance service with paramedical staff.
    I want to know what staff do I require.
    It's a non-profit making project service to who cannot effort . Your suggestions welcome.
    EVS Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

May 31, 2004, 03:03 AM
    Re: ambulance with Paramedic
    Hi there

I am not 100% sure how it works in the United States, However, to work as a volunteer on an ambulance you are going to need to become an EMT/B (Emergency Medical Technician/ Basic)

We have Private training schools in South Africa that Training Basic Amulance Technicians. You are going to need to contact the Department of Transport and ask them directly... Or contact the ambulance division in your area and sak them.

Regards
    Peanuts
    medic137 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2005, 06:51 PM
    You need to have an ambulance license issued by your state and have certified emts to operate at a basic level, and paramedics to operate at an advanced level. You also will need a lot of money to get started, to buy equipment and supplies ambulances, insurance which is very costly, vehicle maintenance just to name a few. It is hard to keep operating a service which charges not to mention the expense of a free ambulance service. Most of the services make most of their revenue from making transfers, from nursing homes and back home from the hospitals etc.. To get started contact the agency in your state that regulates ems, each state is different some have a board of ems others are regulated by some other state agency, contact someone from a local ambulance service and they can tell you who to contact.

Good Luck :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ambulance bill in collection ( quebec) [ 3 Answers ]

A FRIEND OF MINE WHO IS LIVING IN MONTREAL QUEBEC HAS A VERY VERY GOOD CREDIT( or I WOULD SAY hAd a very very good credit), he went to a bar and had a little too much and fell on the floor , the bar owner called the ambulance. The ambulance came and took him to the hospital and relesed him after...

View more questions Search