Ask
    dhomebodee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 07:06 PM
    If you are considered brain dead, what makes your heart still beat
    If you are considered brain dead, what makes your heart still beat
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2008, 09:48 PM

The aunomic nervous system (ANS) does not require conscious cntrol. Autonomic nervous system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You don't require consciousness to eat, breathe, digest food etc.

With biofeedback you can train your brain to have an effect on things normally controlled by the ANS. Example: A temperature sensor can be placed on the fingertips and you can be asked to raise the temperature. With training you may be able to do so and eventually can do it without the thermometer.

If you ever studied optics, you would realize that the image seen by the eye/brain is upside down. The baby 'learns' to invert the image in his brain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What happens when you are pronounced brain dead. [ 13 Answers ]

My son has a friend the other night his parents found him face down in the carpet and noticed that when his father turned him over he was blue and had asperated... he does not know how long he was out for and at that time there was no pulse... he has been in ICU since Saturday early morning. There...

Dead beat dad [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old daughter who have a dead beat dad. I have been a single mom for 6 years and her father doesn't do anything for her. I take care of her by myself with no help from him. He then had the nerves to have another baby who he jumps for every time her mom says she need some. I have...

Dead beat dad [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old daughter who have a dead beat dad. I have been a single mom for 6 yeasrs and her father dosen't do anything for her. I take care of her by myself with no help from him. He then had the nerves to have another baby who he jumps for every time her mom says she need some. I have...

Not dead beat dad, beat dead dad. [ 9 Answers ]

Ive been court for five yrs every six months. I have no education and work at just above minimum wages. I have deleted my parents savings in court. I have part time visitation since the divorce five yrs ago. My x files petitions against me every time I get behind one payment. I have paid her lawyer...

Dead Beat Dad [ 1 Answers ]

My situation is this: I live in Georgia and my ex husband and I divorced 3 yrs ago after 3 yrs of marriage. We have 2 children age 13 & 6. After my divorce was final I began seeing someone else and we are now engaged. My ex husband has had no contact with my children since the divorce was...

View more questions Search