Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Avio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 06:14 PM
    I'm confused
    Hello there,

I'm new to the forum, I usually don't talk about this kind of stuff with family or friends because I know that I may just hear what want to hear, so that's why I ask here to people who doesn't know me who would answer honestly.

My ex-girlfriend broke up with me two months ago, we were together for about ten months and the first five months were awesome, I can tell that no one loved me as much as she did and I loved her as never loved before, I feel that our relationship was a very nourishing experience for both, but there have been some problems that have taken a lot from us. Her mother is a despicable person, she would just mistreat her psychologically and fiscally, she would not even pay her studies anymore. I helped her as much as I could, she was going through a difficult situation and I thought that at some point she could do something stupid. I emotionally supported her, I paid her studies the for four months so she could finish her career. She was very thankful for me doing all this but she was still very apprehensive about the situation with her mother, we had plans of living together in a close future, but I wasn't prepared to live with her so soon, she never told me but I know that she wanted me to get her out of her house and bring her with me, I couldn't do that. A little later she became too insecure, she has friends telling her that I work too much, that I must have another girl, that I'm not giving her enough attention. She constantly told me that she was afraid of losing me, because she thought that she was not good enough for me. I told her a lot of times that it wasn't like that, that I loved her as she was and that I loved to love her, but she wanted to be sure of it so she starts demanding more attention, I tried to please her but after awhile it becomes annoying, I wasn't able to do something aside from my work and her and begin to feel some sort of frustration and unintentionally became a little indifferent, she notices it and we talk about this but she doesn't seem to understand, I tried to make an effort for her but it doesn't work, it's just the same thing again. Two months ago she fell into a deep depression when she moved to another city, she found no friends, no work and things are not like she thought it would be, she wanted me to be there with her but my work would not allow me to go immediately, so she decides to break up with me, while this happens I feel upset and said something about the money I was giving to her and she just been with me for it. This just made things worse. We had no contact for about a month and I was OK, my life was as if nothing had happen for about a month, but then I think that I may have been assuming things wrong, I send a mail apologizing for what I said and telling her that we need to talk. We talked later by phone and reconsider the possibility of continuing with our relationship but we have to talk in person first, but as we talk I see that she is into the same thing been too dependable and demanding too much and I decide that I can't fall for the same again and that I must cut with this vicious circle.

I feel too confused with all this, I can't understand what is what she wants, I don't know, maybe don't want to accept that she doesn't love me, I don't even know if I really love her or this is just an infatuation. There are days that I'm fine I feel that I got rid of a huge problem and it makes me feel better, but there are days that I feel too damn stressed I miss a lot of things from our relationship and have anxiety crisis, I know that if I go to see her, we most probably will get back, but I fear that it will be worse and more hurtful for both.

Thanks for reading, I would appreciate your comments.
    LifeChangesMan Posts: 329, Reputation: 39

Dec 29, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Hey man,

I just am going to say first of all, I really don't know what your looking for advice wise from your post but, I'll ramble on for a bit and maybe I'll say something meaningful to you.

"I feel too confused with all this, i can't understand what is what she wants, i don't know, maybe don't want to accept that she doesn't love me, i don't even know if i really love her or this is just an infatuation. there are days that i'm fine i feel that i got rid of a huge problem and it makes me feel better, but there are days that i feel too damn stressed I miss a lot of things from our relationship and have anxiety crisis, i know that if i go to see her, we most probably will get back, but i fear that it will be worse and more hurtful for both."
    Did you happen to read this to yourself? I just feel like if this is how you truly feel, like "i understand about indecision"-Boston (lol) anyway, if you can sit here and say you personally don't know that you want to be back together, and you think it could be worse and more hurtful, where is your confusion?

I suggest to you cutting off contact with this person, and moving on with your life for yourself and, begin the pursuit of happiness with yourself, then after you make yourself happy, find that special someone to make you happy as well.

Hope this helps you.

Yours Truly,
    LCM
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2008, 10:58 PM
    I have to agree with LCM, disappear from her life, and enjoy your own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm Confused [ 5 Answers ]

So yesterday John McCain was quoted saying "I repeat my statement that we have succeeded in Iraq. Not 'We are succeeding.' We have succeeded in Iraq," So then today McCain said "I predict that they will make an attempt as we get in to the election season to make more of these spectacular kinds...

Still confused. [ 24 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half now and here lately I've been SO confused as to whether he's the one that GOD has meant for me to spend the rest of my life with. What confuses me the most is this-->my father is white and my mother is hispanic, I grew up in a small country...

I'm still confused? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm confused still about ovulating and when you can implantation bleed? well if I ovulated around the 15th June and I had spotting on the 22nd is this right? Is this implantation bleeding it was brownish colour and was a tiny bit I read that it is two weeks from your period that you ovulate...

Really confused [ 12 Answers ]

I have been with my husband for almost 8 years and married for about 3 of those years got with him when I was 16 and he was 21 I do love him but I am tired of him he has been verbally abusive and sometimes physically abusive to me but mostly verbally abusive and it hurts me so much but I always...

I'm confused [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend broke up wit me 2 weeks ago . She called me almost everyday since then. One phone call I got she told me she love me. The last call I got she called crying, I guess cause she was frestrated wit her life or sometin. She aked me to please calll her back. When I called back to see what...

View more questions Search