Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phydeux Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Came on a little too strong
    I was/is in a friends with benefits relationship with woman who I've been with twice so far. She is in the process of divorcing an abusive husband. The last time we were together I realized that I came on a little too strong and she has said something similar to her close friend of hers who also happens to be my brothers girlfriend. I haven't had much contact with her in the last month. I hope I haven't totally blown it with her. I have backed off completely since then, but should I also send her and e-mail to apoligize for coming on too strong and let her know that I will put more effort in respecting her space? Or will that just sound very in-secure? Don't really know what to do at this point.
    LifeChangesMan Posts: 329, Reputation: 39

Dec 29, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Um, so your sleeping with some guy's wife? Is that correct? Very immature and, disappointing. Because he's abusive doesn't make it okay for you to be with her either, so don't tell yourself that.

I suggest backing off, leave her be, move on with your life, find someone who's single. There's an idea.

Yours Truly,
    LCM
    Phydeux Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeChangesMan View Post
    Um, so your sleeping with some guy's wife? is that correct? very immature and, disappointing. Because he's abusive doesn't make it okay for you to be with her either, so don't tell yourself that.

I suggest backing off, leave her be, move on with your life, find someone who's single. there's an idea.

Yours Truly,
    LCM
    She is already separated from him and living in her own place, it's just that the divorce is not final yet.
    magikman Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Dec 29, 2008, 10:24 PM
    I hear you and I understand your predicament.

I once got involved in a similar situation too, man. I started seeing a woman who was separated and living on her own - she was just waiting for the paperwork to finalize. I rejoiced when the decree finally arrived. It turned into a long-term relationship and it had its good times, I'll admit. But in the end, she never really got the recovery time she needed from the breakup of the marriage - and I suffered the consequences of that for several years.

It's not what you want to hear, but my personal recommendation (based on my own experience) is to lay low and cool it off for a bit with this woman. She needs time to gather her thoughts and pull herself together. I wish I'd done the same so many years ago. She's not going to be emotionally available for you right now, and I think you might be walking into a world of disappointment.

Either way, Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 29, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Leave her alone, as your falling to fast, and to hard, for someone in a FWB relationship. What makes you think she is ready for anything serious at this point?? Playing this sex games doesn't take love, or loyalty, just willingness, and a bed, so back away, and get something more healthy than this convenient arrangement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broken Heart - How do I stay strong even though I'm hurting & b strong to stop call him? [ 37 Answers ]

My Boyfriend and I were together for over 3++years. Every time we get into an argument or fight he wants to break up. I am so confused and broken. He doesn't seem to care about me. He would turn his phone off for days and I always call him back and he told me so many times that he doesn't want the...

Psychological conflict: strong fear & strong love toward the same girl [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been experiencing some kind of psychological conflict for more than 1 year. Whenever he increases his love to me, his fear of losing me to another man increases. Last year, his psychological conflict made him misunderstand me a lot. For example, when he saw a tiny sign related...

Do you think I would come off too strong? [ 7 Answers ]

I like this guy who liked me up until a friend of mine said something to him and made me look obsessive. I didn't want her to say anything to him. He claims not to like me anymore, but flirts with me A LOT. When I see him again, Im debating as to weather or not I should just be spontaneous,...

Strong man [ 3 Answers ]

The local bar was so sure that its bartender Was the strongest man around that they Offered a standing $1000 bet. The bartender would squeeze a lemon until all The juice ran into a glass,...

View more questions Search