Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juscrago Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Dec 29, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Would any doctor see me due to mental issues?
    I've been putting this off for a long time now. I have a hard time dealing with things each day. It's been going on for several years. I have insurance through my job so I figure now is the time to act. I guess I worry about my job. I don't think they can fire me, but I worry about other things about it. The one thing that worries me most is I'm afraid they will commit me once I tell them some of the things I think about and have done in the past. This is a big step that I hope I can take. I think my life depends on it. All it may take is one more bad day to push me over the edge. I don't like who I am. I just want it to end.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 12:12 PM

There is a huge mental health industry in the US if that is where you are from. Going to a therapist is a common thing.

So, I don't think you should be concerned about going to a therapist. If you don't want this on your insurance record, have a few sessions which you pay for so you can get an idea of what your problems are and what can or can't be done to help you with them.

Best wishes,
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2008, 12:14 PM

Hi, Juscrago!

I can identify with the way that you feel and think! I also think that just the fact that you've asked about this the way that you have is part of your issue.

The company that you work for provides insurance for a number of reasons, one of them would be to make sure that good employees who need mental or physical help of any kind are able to get it when they need it so they can be retained as employees.

Please just make an appointment with a health care professional to see about what to do.

If you would like some additional emotional support for whatever issues you have, you'll also find some great folks on this site who've been through a lot in their lives who are able to give very positive and proactive advice and coping strategies based upon first hand experience with dealing with difficulties in their own lives.

I wish for you only the best!

Thanks!
    Juscrago Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Dec 29, 2008, 02:05 PM

I've taken the first step. I am seeing a doctor on Friday. I'll have to see how that goes.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Juscrago View Post
    I've taken the first step. I am seeing a doctor on Friday. I'll have to see how that goes.
    This is good! Please let us know how things go!

Thanks!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 09:41 PM

Glad to hear that, J. Get your thoughts and feelings out and talk about them. :)

Check back in there with your follow-up if you want to. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating while dealing with mental health issues? [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently a 3rd year student in college and so is my "boyfriend". We started dating a year ago but broke up abuot 6 months ago, because we were having problems. Although we both agreed that we needed to take a break and be single for a while, that never happened. We've continued to be friends...

Unsure of mental health issues [ 5 Answers ]

I have had a lot going on in my life especially in the past year for e.g. wasn't with my partner when I was preganant he was with some one else engaged so I moved away before I knew back to a place with familly that I didn't want to be. I have had on going stress through out my life but I think...

Cannot seem to orgasm, could stress or mental issues make this happen? [ 3 Answers ]

My girl is getting very upset and it kills me to see her like this, but when we have sex it goes on for a very long time and I can't seem to "get off". The sensations build and it almost happens (sometimes it does) but if I miss that window, it can become an all night affair. She seems to think...

View more questions Search