Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 10:20 AM
    A suit?
    It is a suit that is worn by the groom in a wedding right? I am positive that is it, but for some reason a tux keeps popping into my head too.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 29, 2008, 10:31 AM

Yes, it's a tuxedo worn by the groom for a wedding, but it can be a suit.
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 10:55 AM

OK, now I don't know which I should get... hmm
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 11:35 AM
    It depends on how formal or informal the wedding is. Are you the groom? What is the bride wearing? I'm sure she has an opinion on what you should wear! ;)

Is there a wedding party? Generally the groom wears the same thing as the groomsmen - maybe a little different.
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 01:03 PM

Yes, I will be the groom. The bride will be wearing some type of white dress. I'm not too familiar with what kind, but yea I will get with her. There will be a party. I picture it as a suit, but I was unsure. Is that what is normal in big weddings?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Usually the groom wears a tux. But a suit is also acceptable.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2008, 05:27 PM

Hi, adam_89!

In my 36+ years of playing music and helping people to plan their weddings, I've seen people wear all sorts of things. Yes, a tux is more formal. Suits are also fine... It all depends on the setting and what you and your fiancée mutually decide based upon the setting - (both place and other colors that might be used for flowers, etc.), finances, climate, culture and traditions.

I think that we get into the mode that a tux is the "normal" thing to wear because that is usually what is portrayed in the media. I wore a tux for my wedding a number of decades ago. It was a different color and style than that which the groomsmen wore.

Really, it's your wedding, and you should be able to design everything artistically about it the way that you would want, given that anything you wear should be appropriate and acceptable in the setting where it's being held.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 10:34 AM

Thanks a lot everyone! I will have to go with what my fiancé and I decide upon. I will probably go with a suit. I will let you know!

Thanks again!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2008, 02:26 PM

Thanks, adam_89!

Please do let us know!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2008, 03:33 PM

Yes there are many weddings done without them, I do a lot of theme weddings, country western, everyone wears jeans and western shirts,
    Did a beach wedding, everyone wore bad looking beach wear and so on

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Story suit ? [ 1 Answers ]

A store owner had 225 suits. At the end of a sale he had sold 4/5 of them. How many suits were left?

Civil Suit [ 1 Answers ]

:( My name is Lori and I have a credit card company that has turned over my debt to a collection/ law firm agency. I owed $1500.00 and I have not been able to pay them. However, I did contact the collection agency and they agreed that if I sent $30.00 a month it would prevent it from going to...

Insurance co suit [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancé had a wreck 3 years ago (it was not his fault). The lady t-boned him. However he did not have insurance. Her insurance is state farm. State farm is suing him for $16,000 for the cost of the other persons fees. First of all can they do that? We do not have $16,000 to pay to settle. What do...

Wrongful suit [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently being sued for credit card debt that's not my debt. Collection agency is suing me because I happen to be the only person in this area listed in phone book with that name. After responding to summons there law firm sent me stipulation to sign saying they would drop action but neither...

Suit [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going to a evening concert, (jazz). Does a light tan suit sound OK. What shirt color??

View more questions Search