Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kbell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2006, 10:00 AM
    Whirpool washer won't fill
    My 13 yr. old Whirpool washer LA9500XTW1 stopped mid-cycle with the tub full of water. After trying several times to restart by pushing/pulling knob, it started and completed the cycle including rinse and spin, without any problem. But now I can't get it to start a new load on any part of any cycle. It won't fill at all. I thought it must be the timer, but that's $85 to replace and I can't return it if I'm wrong. Any ideas/suggestions?
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 17, 2006, 04:47 PM
    Sounds like the timer to me. Maybe you could find a known good but used timer if your looking for cheaper.
    DIYBob1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 08:52 AM
    I had the same problem with my Maytag LA712. The problem was that time timer was not getting fully engaged. To fix it, I popped the cap off the timer dial, removed the spring clip underneath it with a pair of needlenose pliers, removed the knob, the spring beneath it, and lifted off the timer dial plate. I pulled out on the timer dial shaft slightly, which was enough to reengage the cycle. Apparently, pulling out on the knob wasn't lifting the timer dial shift quite enough. My Maytag is 27 years old and still going strong, so one can forgive a little wear! You might need to push in and pull out the timer dial shaft gently a few times. If this is the problem, then put everything back in the order you took it off - the timer dial plate, spring, knob, spring clip and cap for the knob. No need to buy a new timer!
    DIYBob1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 08:52 AM
    I had the same problem with my Maytag LA712. The problem was that time timer was not getting fully engaged. To fix it, I popped the cap off the timer dial, removed the spring clip underneath it with a pair of needlenose pliers, removed the knob, the spring beneath it, and lifted off the timer dial plate. I pulled out on the timer dial shaft slightly, which was enough to reengage the cycle. Apparently, pulling out on the knob wasn't lifting the timer dial shift quite enough. My Maytag is 27 years old and still going strong, so one can forgive a little wear! You might need to push in and pull out the timer dial shaft gently a few times. If this is the problem, then put everything back in the order you took it off - the timer dial plate, spring, knob, spring clip and cap for the knob. No need to buy a new timer!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirpool Senseon Dryer not drying [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have an electric Whirlpool Senseon dryer that's 6 years old. In the past 6 months the dryer has been taking much longer to dry. I have an appliance warranty through our local utility. I've made a call and they have dispatched one of their contract appliance repair contractors...

Kenmore washer continues to fill [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have a Kenmore Elite Catalyst, model# 110.20052994. About a week ago, it would not drain. I even tried pressing the drain button on the control panel, but it did not work. So, I drained the water by hand and tried to run through another small load cycle. Now, the washer continues to...

Whirpool bathtub jets [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed a whirlpool tub. All the 6 side jets worked fine and it is completely level. Now (since it is all in and attached) two of the side jets on the same side are not working. (The tub only has six jets total-three on each side.) One has poor water flow and the other sucks in air. I...

Whirpool Tub [ 1 Answers ]

I have a jetted tub with 4 jets, 2 on each side. One of the jets doesn't function properly anymore. When the air intake is closed, it actually gently sucks water in and when the intake is fully opened it barely circulates water when the other are very strong. There is access to the pump and the...

Install Whirpool Tub [ 8 Answers ]

I am going to install a whirpool tub in my basement bathroom. I have 1/2 inch copper running to the tub location. My question is: Is it OK to use flexible connections from the 1/2 inch copper to the hot and cold tub faucet? The people at the "local home store" tell me I will lose too much...

View more questions Search