Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wpjhop Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Anyone have helpful info on how to locate my biological father?
    Ive never met my biological father, and I do not want to start a relationship with him. I simply wish to locate him... so I can at least ask a few things. When my mother was pregnant with me, he was arrested and sent to a federal prison. This was years ago, and I know that he is somewhere out there... the kicker is that my mother died in 2003 of brain cancer when I was 17. Now I am 23 and I feel it is my duty to at least make contact with him once. I do know his name...

His name was Robert James Taylor and he lived in Baton Rouge, LA around the chimes street area(LSU). He went by "bobby taylor" . My Mothers name at the time was
    Teri Jane Meiners, and I was born on September 17, 1985 @ lakeside hospital in metarie,LA. I was born Justin Meiners...

When I was three the man I call "dad" married my mother and adopted me... he is all I have left, and I love him dearly. I simply wish to know if anyone can help me or tell me where to start this search. Thank You.

He was arrested either in 1984 or 1985 in Baton Rouge for getting caught sending large quantities of LSD through the mail, and apparently he was sent to prison for some time... someone once told me that he was arrested here in baton rouge and then they thought he was sent to a federal prison in Tennessee... but this may not be correct.

Any info would be helpful... Thanks
    Justin
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Dec 29, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Do you have a possible date of birth for him? Or an approximate age. His ethnicity would also be helpful.
    brandyrb Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2008, 01:50 PM
    You can call 225-342-9711 which is the Louisiana number to see if he is still in prison there, since this state does not offer an online listing and location of inmates. Good luck!
    brandyrb Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2008, 01:58 PM

I found one Rober J. Taylor born 10/21/1964, but there is no more information as to whether he is still in Tennessee or not. It just says pending. This man is listed as white, is it a possibility?

Dec 29, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Louisiana does have parish search information listings on several Robert Taylor's, and on one (1) older Robert J. Taylor.

Dec 29, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Yes it could be possible... I don't have a specific birhdate, but my mother was born in 1961 and he was a couple years younger, so that might be him. It sounds possible! He was a White Male... so where should I go from here?

Thanks for all the help,
    Justin

Dec 29, 2008, 04:32 PM
    Any help on where to go from here?

Dec 29, 2008, 04:45 PM

Do you know of any family member with the last name, Blumberg?

Dec 29, 2008, 04:59 PM

The information which corresponds to the information listed above with the Tennessee Felony Offender Information Look up pages.
    scej Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
    In response to your search, I am the Bobby Taylor you are looking for, I have spent a lot of time searching the internet and asking about you, I don't want to interfere at all with your life, I have longed to know who you became, I found through internet search the announcement about your mom, I am sorry for the loss, I wish you would contact me via email at [email protected] and I could answer all of your questions. I am in Memphis TN. And will answer any and all of your questions. Please contact me.
    Bobby Taylor

Feb 14, 2009, 01:12 PM
    Now this will undoubtedly be a Fantastic Valentine's Day surprise.
    Cristiansmomma Posts: 25, Reputation: -4

Feb 14, 2009, 01:15 PM

Check
    BOP: Federal Bureau of Prisons Web Site
    People Search | Background Check | Public Records by Intelius, Inc for last location.

Feb 14, 2009, 01:17 PM

Oh wow! I just saw that post!! I hope that's your father!! GOOD LUCK!!
    scej Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 01:42 PM
    It is Bobby Taylor again, saw those replies to my post, I know I am his biological father, I have been also searching, just for info, It has been a while since he posted, do you think he will post again, or contact, is there any way for me to contact him, or do you all have contact info you could let him know that I have replied, someone forwarded this to me today and yes a wonderful valentines surprise, I am not the man whom I was then, I want to answer and possibly ask a lot of questions, do not expect a relationship but to know who he became is a dream of mine, again Justin, email me at [email protected].
    BObby Taylor

Feb 14, 2009, 01:59 PM

Bobby,
    Best of luck to you. I do hope that your child will come and check this out soon. Maybe a mod can help get his email address,or email him. Do you know if he has a myspace?
    I love when things like this happens.It's a great thing. I do hope that he will allow you in his life,but as he said,he didn't want to get close? To you,and just needed some answers.
    Again,best of luck!

PS. I just saw your myspace. Is the two kids your new kids,or that's an old picture of this person who posted? Would be great if he had other siblings as well!!

I will keep checking this thread,and hopefully something good will come out of it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to locate a biological parent [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. This is my very first time using ths site. I hope it will become useful to me. I am trying to locate a biological parent. A man to be exact. I unfortunately do not have a complete name for this person, other than a picutre with his face and a last name. He was in the military. The Air Force....

Info on how to locate biological parents [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all, I really need some assistance on locating my biological mother and father. I have no clue as to where to begin with my research, because I have no knowledge of my biological parents names. I've been trying to locate the both of them for years now. And I always come to a dead end. ...

Trying to Locate my Biological father. [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to locate my biological dad.. I don't know any thing about him, not even his name and my mom won't tell me who he is..

Liver cancer- any helpful info welcome! [ 209 Answers ]

Both my mother and my sister have heptitis C. Now my sister been diaganosed with liver cancer. What suggested treatment for my sister? And sugested prvention for my mother. Thanks in advance for all input.

Can I add helpful info to credit my reports? [ 7 Answers ]

Over 20 years ago I purchased a piece of property using an owner contract. The house and 12 acres is completely paid for now but not showing on my credit report. I hear from friends and family that their credit scores improved vastly when they bought a house. It seems as if I should benefit...

View more questions Search