Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gclefff1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Age in New York state,where a child can decide on his own
    What is the age in New York state where a child can decide on his to live with the parent of his choice?he was born in New York,now lives in Florida,has since he was 3.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 06:38 AM

18, when he is no longer a minor. The court may consider his wishes if he is on the older side - say 12+. But they may not even ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What age a child can decide with wichi parente to live in California State. [ 17 Answers ]

I want to know, when or what age a child can decide with wich parent to live in California State?

Age for child to decide... [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Anderson, Indiana. My question is that my 12 year old daughter wants to come and live with me but we aren't sure what the age is in our state for her to make that decision. Also, she is afraid of her dad. Afraid how he might treat her/ act if she was to move in with me. Our main concern...

New york state child support [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 14 year old child with my ex huband. I am in court trying to get a cost of living adjustment(havent had on in 12 years). His attorney is arguing that the order that stands before the court for his other child (younger) should be taking into effect before they give my son his adjustment....

New york state child support [ 15 Answers ]

If I want to file a modification for increased child support in NYS, since I have never had an increase in 9 years. What do I have to list on my paperwork since a money figure was given on the original divorce papers not a percentage of his salary.

How old does the child have to be to decide? [ 4 Answers ]

If a grandparent has been granted visitation rights for an 8 year old child by the court in Wisconsin? Does the child have the option not go with the grandparent during the designated visitation date and time.

View more questions Search