Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sara41186 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Adopt my son
    Can my boyfriend adopt my son even know he has lost his parental rights to his other child and we are not married?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 28, 2008, 10:37 PM

Probably not.

Most states require marriage or some sort of long-term commitment (a marriage LICENSE is good enough some places, so that an adoption can take place at the same time a marriage does---to create a "family").

You will need to see a family attorney in your area to find out for sure what the requirements are for him to adopt. The biggest thing is this: will the biological father relinquish his rights?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopt again? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a six month old son who is adopted. I brought him home with me when he was 9 days old... I am single but I want to adopt again. I am financally stable, have a wonderful job that allows me to be with my son, and I have the room in my home. My friends and family say I'm crazy though... is it...

Want to adopt [ 7 Answers ]

Hi M a 25 yrs old single woman. M working in a good company. I want to adopt a child, but m not sure what laws are there to adopt one. I don't know whether, I can adopt a baby, without having a man in my life. I have no intention of getting married , or associating with any man. So I want to know...

Would we be able to adopt? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are unable to have children and I have been thinking a lot about adoption. The problem is that my husband got a misdemeanor a few years ago and I am wondering if this would make us ineligible?

I want them to adopt me [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14, I'm living with a family who are kind of my foster family, we are getting a residency order put in place, I want them to adopt me, and they would be more than happy to, but we don't think my birth parents would agree to it, it would be messy. I was wondering what would have to happen if we...

Want to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

What would to necessary steps be to adopting a 26 illegal immigrant. He has a tax ID number and has never been in troulble with the law and has been paying taxes for three years. Hes a great man I would like to help... Any ideas!!

View more questions Search