Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Jul 17, 2006, 02:47 AM
    Finally did it...
    I finally picked an avatar, it wasn't something I was looking for but it just kind of fell into place. I was looking for a background/wallpaper for my computer and it hunt for one I found a photo small enough to use as an avatar, so I decided to use it. Tell me if you know what is?? And if your willing enough who is it??
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2006, 03:21 AM
    I can't make it out.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2006, 04:00 AM
    The avatar is too small to see well, unless its my eyes lol.
    Could it be Charlie Chaplin?

Jul 17, 2006, 03:09 PM
    Ill give you a hint it's from a movie...
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2006, 03:13 PM
    I know, I know... but I don't want to give it away... it is the original and a sequel of it was recently released. One of many films by a great director/writer of our time :D

Jul 17, 2006, 03:24 PM
    There we go yeahhhhhhhhhhhh mr.jizzle got it
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20

Jul 17, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Yea I know who they are! I always thought in the back of my mind I would try to contact that director/writer and see if he needed more ideas on maybe a 3rd installment...
    Now I have to consider an avatar.

Jul 17, 2006, 07:02 PM
    I can't wait for the next movie to come out, it comes out this Friday I believe, the only problem is that a lot of speculation has begun about whether it will be that raw or raunchy do to the evil hollywood cooperation sticking it's nose in. But I have the utmost faith in Kevin Smith. But I have a question for you guys, I have seen previews and I believe it won't be in black and white. So with that in mind, do you prefer it to be in color or black and white?
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2006, 01:29 PM
    Yes, the new one IS in color... which is cool, I guess. But if it were up to me, I would have said to keep it in black and white. Clerks was the first of Kevin Smiths movies. It started in black & white. Sure, the other ones all grew from Clerks and they aren't in B & W but still... this may very well be the LAST kevin smith movie (at least for Jay & Silent Bob*). That would be a great way to leave it... another black & white Clerks movie!

And I think that it will be as raunchy as Kevin wants it... I can't really see him selling out to the corps. But he is a father and a husband now... so it may not be on the same level as the original.

*A while back, while touring Colleges in the US, Kevin Smith stated, matter of factly, that Jay & Silent Bob Strike back would be the LAST of Jay & Silent Bob. And yet, here comes Clerks II

Jul 18, 2006, 01:44 PM
    Yeah that's what I meant the perspective of the twenty something might be lost now that he is not living that life anymore, I too wish is was black and white, because it really added something to the original clerks and it made you focus more on the speech than anything, but it also kind of showed you how bland their life was, by using black and white it's a subtle way to show you that their lifes are blah. Nothing really to be all that wowed about you know. I am pretty sure that there won't be a third, which really upsets me because I love the independent films, especially clerks which sadly a large part of america doesn't know about, which is really sad because it's one of the best comedies of all time. But on the flip side of that, I am glad not everyone knows about it, because it would really lose it's greatness if you saw a bunch of valley girls doing salsa sharks wherever they please, so I guess it's kind of a give and take. BUT I can't WAIT TO SEE THE NEW ONE!!
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2006, 12:35 PM
    Well, I saw Clerk II yesterday and I just had to post here about it... I don't want to give it away but regarding what I had said before about it... I take it all back. I think Kevin did an excellent job... the whole black & white thing/color thing is actually in the movie and I was pleased :D
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 25, 2006, 02:11 PM
    I guess I missed that movie. Glad you found one that inspired you so. Please PM me and tell me more about what I missed here - would I be able to get it somewhere here in Germany?

Just a new found object...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finally! [ 5 Answers ]

Finally I got my wish. We're PREGNANT! Yay for me! So basically yea, all those of you who are trying, just keep your chins up and it will happen. :D

Finally its over [ 4 Answers ]

Well Rainier, I wanted to bring you up to date, one thing you last sad, I was lonely, like my mother in law, well let me tell you I am not lonely at all. I finally walked right out the door, I didn't look back, I came home and had a good job in a week. God bless me there. I am looking for a...

Finally [ 8 Answers ]

Earlier, I asked if it was OK to ask him out. You guys were very helpful. But I couldn't pull myself to ask him So finally he asked me. But now that were going out. We don't tlak as much. Like barley at all It bothers me because this stupid girl In my class alays makes moves on him And he...

View more questions Search