Ask
    kk2praz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Concrete steps
    What kind of concrete is best for patching exterior steps
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2008, 12:49 PM

Just about none or any that looks good. I pour concrete for a living I can't wait to see the answerers coming up. There are many of "patch" products but not many that preform well.
    How big is the patch/crack and what part of the step side, top edge edge, actually on the step edge, What condition is the concrete around this patch? Is this a total resurface all of the steps and how big are the steps? Are you pouring a whole single step with other steps?
    There are products we use but its usually a commercial resurfacing factory conc floors.
    There are home owners patches but depth and size of crack/patch is important (etching and bonding agents ect) "patching" in the concrete world is very tough for long term holding power. Simply because no matter how good the product it still pops when freezing occurs when moisture gets under the patch sides freezes and pops the whole patch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Poured Concrete Steps on Concrete Patio [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I recently had a large portion of my driveway torn out/replaced, a 12 x 18 patio poured, and 3 half moons steps poured, all of 6 bag mix concrete. The flatwork looks great, virtually flawless. The steps, on the other hand, don't. After removing the forms/frame for the three...

Concrete front steps [ 1 Answers ]

How to Concrete front steps

Fixing concrete steps? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I renting a two family flat in Michigan. Recently, a huge hole has appeared on the concrete step outside the home. My landlord states that it cannot be fixed because it is winter here in Michigan. I disagree. I informed her that she probably can't repair the step but it probably can...

Concrete steps crumbling away on top. [ 3 Answers ]

My mothers concrete steps are breaking up on the top and the steps are at least 40 years old. Do you think if I chipped away the weak concrete on top and resurfaced them they would last or would the older concrete deteriorate underneath the resurfaced step? If resurfacing is the best choice, what...

Concrete block steps [ 2 Answers ]

I have contracted a garden firm to build a concrete block wall and curved steps. I don't think they know what they are doing as the blocks are sitting on the dirt and are very narrow. How should they go about this?

View more questions Search