Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rickardo333 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 04:13 PM
    Wind surface square foot area convert to Horsepower
    :confused:

What is the conversion factor for an area of 25,000' square foot converted to Horsepower with a wind speed of 20 MPH?
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Jan 22, 2009, 05:01 PM
    There is another factor that is important here : the conversion efficiency (which is never 100%).
    The size and aerodynamic shape of the windmill blades is extremely important in this efficiency.
    The produced power is a squared function of the surface area of the blades, and a linear function of the blade shape.

There is a lot of more and very interesting information on this Wikipedia website

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Volume and surface area [ 1 Answers ]

A cylindrical can is to have the area of its curved surface equal to thesum of the areas of its base and its top. What must be the relation between the height and diameter of this can?

Differentiation, surface area [ 4 Answers ]

how to differentiate A=4x^2 + 216/x? I got stuck at 216/x?

Surface area [ 3 Answers ]

What is the surface area of a triangular prism? Length = 6 Width = 4 Height = 10

Surface Area of a icosahedron [ 2 Answers ]

Well its my first time using this and I hope I get the answer pretty quick I'm doing a project of this and I made it out of wood... and I need to find the S A of a icosahedron... and the side length of 1 of the triangles is 4 inches... I'm kind of lost on how to do this and help would be...

Geometry (surface area) [ 15 Answers ]

Hello! I am having difficulty answering this question. If someone can please tell me how to solve these geometry problems, I will be very grateful! Thank you in advance! =) Find the surface area of the following regular polyhedra to the nearest cm^2 (squared). a. Tetrahedron with edge length...

View more questions Search