Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myyellowcar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2006, 10:57 PM
    Mortgage payment per month
    I just received 30,000 which I plan to use for a down payment on a house if my credit is average and I plan to spend about 150,000 on a house what am I looking at spending per month on a mortgage payment?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2006, 04:05 AM
    Plug your numbers into this amortization calculator:
    http://ray.met.fsu.edu/~bret/amortize.html. Don't forget to use 120,000 as the principal - and use whatever interest rate you think you can get.

Of course this calculator assumes a fixed rate... so keep that in mind in case you end up considering a variable rate.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2006, 04:33 AM
    I was once a mortgage consultant.

I can work it out for you but I need interest rate and term of mortgage, meaning how long mortgage is held for.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2006, 04:38 AM
    Oops, sorry. I see the one I referred to is not working. Here's another:
    http://realestate.yahoo.com/calculat...rtization.html
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2006, 06:06 AM
    Remember also that your mortgage payment is only part of the monthly nut. The mortgage lender will probably require that you pay tax and insurance into an escrow account so they can be sure they are paid. These costs will vary depending on location.

A good place to get a true estimate of your monthly outlay is a realtor. When you go in looking for a home, they can sit down and figure what you can afford.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2006, 06:13 AM
    In many counties the annual taxes for properties are online... as with my county here. Do a search for this for your area.

And as for insurance, your current insurance agent can give you a ballpark on the annual Insurance cost based on what you know about the property.

These two, divided by 12, will be what to add to your loan payment to ballpark the total P.I.T.I. (Payment, Interest, Taxes & Insurance) payment.

Jul 17, 2006, 06:26 AM
    The problem in using a site like Rick recommended is you usually need to know the property first. I get the sense that you are trying to figure out what you can afford BEFORE you go house hunting. This is the type of thing you go to a realtor for. This is what they are trained for. It won't cost you anything to sit down with one.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2006, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by myyellowcar
    what am i looking at spending per month on a mortage payment?
    ... I was just answering the question. An amortization calcular will tell you exactly what your mortgage payment will be.

Jul 17, 2006, 09:42 AM
    Rick I was referring to the second link, the property tax one. While, its correct that the information can be found, I just felt, at this point, the OP just needs some ballpark estimates (on tax and Insurance).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Year lease then month to month? [ 9 Answers ]

I live in Los Angeles California. I've lived in my apartment for over 1 year after signing a 12 month lease. Now that the 12 months on the lease are over, my landlord wants me to sign a new 12 month lease. I don't want to sign another 12 month lease. I may go to school in a few months and I'd...

Mortgage fraud? [ 8 Answers ]

In 1999 my mother who is elderly signed a second mortgage to an individual Who had business dealings with my sister, who was 50 years old at the time. (Deceased 2003) This individual and my sister convinced my mother to back a loan my sister had Apparently taken out, however the request for...

Notice required on a month to month lease? [ 9 Answers ]

I signed a 1 year lease that ended on July 31, 2006 in Minnesota. The lease states that if resident stays in the apt after the lease ends, with managements approval, it becomes a month to month lease. I stayed. The notice period stated in the lease is 60 days, effective the last day of the month....

Property convert to month to month? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Wisconsin and I have been renting 2 back to back billboards of which one is subleased. The party did not renew the 5 year lease and the subleasee gave notice they were not renewing their lease. The problem is that the lease ended June 1st and they have not removed their...

Pulling Credit For mortgage Shopping [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Shopping For A Mortgage, My Credit Is Being Check Every Time. Is This Going To Affect My Credit Rating. Do I Have Any Grace Period Before It Does Hurt My Rating.:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search